Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone shooting a Drenalin ..Good or bad comments

I shot about everything that was out this January. The Drenalin was about #5 on my list. However it was #1 on the overpriced and overhyped list.

I thought that it had too much handshock for the $ they want for it. The Switchback XT is a nicer bow IMO. Shoot it against a Bowtech Guardian or a Hoyt Vectrix if you want to compare top of the line, state of art, flagship bows out this year.

When I shot them back to back to back.... I decided on this order. With 1 and 2 being extremely close.
1. Bowtech Guardian
2. Drenalin
3. Hoyt

I boils down to personal pref.

One thing with the Drenalin that seems to help eliminate most of the hand shock is getting the bow fully set up with accessories. Best of luck, have fun.
grin.gif

dont let these bowtech lovers talk you out of it.... all my buddies and i shoot the drenalin and we all love it.... but im sure youll get 10 more replys dogging mathews and saying bowtech is the best so i guess it really doesnt matter.......

Re: Anyone shooting a Drenalin ..Good or bad comm

[ QUOTE ]
dont let these bowtech lovers talk you out of it.... all my buddies and i shoot the drenalin and we all love it.... but im sure youll get 10 more replys dogging mathews and saying bowtech is the best so i guess it really doesnt matter.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Yhea, everyone knows that apples are better than oranges!
grin.gif
Go with your own taste buds.

i totally agree with you skully.... its all personal perference.... it just gets alittle old when someone posts about mathews you get a ton of post dogging them

I shot three arrows through a Drenalin, that was enough. I really didn't like how overly light it was to be honest, harder to hold steady, like some of the earlier Parkers. With a decent stabilizer I'm sure the vibrations would come out as well. Good luck.

i would have to agree with muddy. to light, and hand shock . Im sure you could get rid of the shock, but the way bow stuff cost these day`s ,and time to figure out what work`s for you. I picked up the guardian , heavyier yes. but it shoot`s smooth ,fast, and very accurate. i think it`s more forgiving. anyway it`s what worked for me. i still have my mathew`s for a backup.
grin.gif

once a Mathews bow, always a mathews boy!!
hand shock is more in the drenaline than past mathews, but still very minimal. i will own one soon!!
and that guardian.....
after a few hundred arrows, it gets out of sync very easy.
instead of having two cams you got to keep in time, you now have two cams and two additional pivot points....
simplicity is ideal.
its a no brainer to me!!

When I was looking at buying a new bow this winter, I did what you are supposed to and shot as many bows as possible and made my own decision.

I have to agree with you that the Drenalin had a little more vibration than I like, especially for $800. It is really not near the treestand bow the XT is, but if I was a Mule deer or Elk hunter, I believe I would be owning one.
I would have to say that the most surprising bow to me was the Guardian. It was smooth, quiet and fast. But the fact that is so radical shyed me away from it until it is proven. I am glad I steered clear of it, because there were some issues that they needed to work out on it. After all my testing I decided to go with the XT and I couldn't be happier with it. Well, unless I had two of them that is.
grin.gif

I too am considering a Drenalin. Thanks for the observations Nacho. In your opinion, why is it not equal to the XT as a tree stand bow?

THA4, I have to agree about Mathews. I have been a Legacy shooter since '02 and I am spoiled a$$ rotten. I absolutely love my Mathews and as much as I like new toys, I am experiencing seperation anxiety at thought of getting rid of my Legacy. I was looking at it the other day and she is starting to show her a age a bit. Mathews has two die-hards in my hunting partner and I both.

well i shot a lot of bows this winter from bear, hoyt and matt i personaly didnt like vary many of the bows that i shot but i might be kinda picky i didnt like the Drenalin but the one that i liked the most was the Hoyt Avenger it was just quite and it shot good for me. i cant say that im giving the drenalin a fair review b/c i shoot hoyt but i gave it a try.

The XT is a smoother, quieter and has less vibration. It is shorter ATA than the Drenalin so it is more manueverable for those tough angle shots. The XT is heavier, but weight is not much of an issue sitting in a treestand. The Drenalin is a dream come true for spot and stalk hunters, but has little to no benefit to treestand hunters, except 5 0r 10 feet per second.

I think the XT is still the way to go for treestand hunters.

Just my $.02 on the subject.

Make your own decision though.

[ QUOTE ]
would have to agree with muddy. to light, and hand shock

[/ QUOTE ]

i really didn't care for it. liked it the least of any mathews i have ever shot

Top Bottom