Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Apple/Pear Trees

I missed this earlier somehow. WOW!!!!!!! U got those dialed in!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!
What did u fertilize with and when?
fert program.png

Pear Tree !! Planted this tree 6 years ago . First year with pears loaded . Limbs almost touching the ground . Not sure if thats good or bad :) sure
Proud of myself .. they are still very hard .
9ccb5aa81637e1385e2d9532b4f01434.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Growing your own apple trees is quite rewarding. I have
Whip and tongue graft technique used here.

9dfd46f435254f1b96fd3ee0b6df5dfb.jpg

Anyone ever try using tree tubes on pear trees? I would never do it on Apple, but i'm wondering on pear since they come basically as a single stick.

I have used a tube in common wild apple plugs (from University of Idaho Nursery) with success !

Never tried Pear though !

* no idea why the font changed ?

Dumb apple tree question. I have several Enterprise and Liberty trees that are entering year 4. I pruned them again over winter (3 months ago) so they are getting horizontal branch structure to some extent. Will the trees fruit this year, or not due to pruning? Just curious. Not a big deal, and am planning to let them go next season to gain some growth.

Dumb apple tree question. I have several Enterprise and Liberty trees that are entering year 4. I pruned them again over winter (3 months ago) so they are getting horizontal branch structure to some extent. Will the trees fruit this year, or not due to pruning? Just curious. Not a big deal, and am planning to let them go next season to gain some growth.
I have lots of Enterprise and Liberty that at 3 years are 10'+ tall and fruiting. Aggressive with fert, insecticide, water during drought, etc.

I have lots of Enterprise and Liberty that at 3 years are 10'+ tall and fruiting. Aggressive with fert, insecticide, water during drought, etc.
Right. They would be fruiting, but I'm wondering if they still will due to me pruning the crap out of them. I started using your fertilizing method earlier in this thread. Should see some good results.

Right. They would be fruiting, but I'm wondering if they still will due to me pruning the crap out of them. I started using your fertilizing method earlier in this thread. Should see some good results.
Although my fruit tree experience at my farm in SE Iowa has been mostly a failure, I had/have fruit trees on my residential properties and have a fair amount of experience with them. Although where I live now has only 2 fruit trees, I used to live on a property with about 30 fruit trees, FWIW.

Now then, I pruned heavily about every other year and never felt like I restricted my fruit production due to pruning activity. I would say that I enhanced it. I pruned some about every year, one heavy year, one light year. It is also true that my trees were older and well established when I got them (moved in). So, perhaps a younger tree will behave differently??

Let's see what others say too...but I don't you will see any drop off in fruit production due to your pruning this winter.

Assuming this works well I will be planting ALOT more pear trees in future and just tubing. It's aprox 10x faster than screening trucks, caging, etc. Did a dozen in half hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-175627_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220418-175627_Gallery.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20220418-175615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220418-175615_Gallery.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Deleted by Central Iowa
Show…
BITMAIN MINERS
GOLDSHELL MINERS
INNOSILICON MINERS

TRUSTED VENDOR APEXTOMINER.ORG

GOLDSHELL KD2 MINER
PROFIT 26$ DAY

WORLD DELIVERY 3-7 DAYS
I don't think this person is planting fruit trees....but it appears it could be money trees???

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I don't think this person is planting fruit trees....but it appears it could be money trees???

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

You’re such a bigot!!!

What’s better than a money tree? Trees can identify however they feel like.

Assuming this works well I will be planting ALOT more pear trees in future and just tubing. It's aprox 10x faster than screening trucks, caging, etc. Did a dozen in half hour.
Why just pears and not apples? Are you thinking because of the growth structure? I did a tiny 14" apple last year as an experiment. It blasted out of the tube. Window screened it inside the tube. Was pleased enough I did 10 more apples n pears this year, same method.

Screenshot_20220418-200802_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Why just pears and not apples? Are you thinking because of the growth structure? I did a tiny 14" apple last year as an experiment. It blasted out of the tube. Window screened it inside the tube. Was pleased enough I did 10 more apples n pears this year, same method.

View attachment 122304
Yeah I was thinking just because my apples get alot more branch growth quickly and they have branches when I get them that I'd rather not prune off to make them fit in tubes. Pears grow more vertical and suited well for tube. I'm not saying I'm right, this is just my thought process. I prolly try some apples next year and see how they do.

Top Bottom