Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AR pistol season AKA late muzzy

isu22andy

The new orange army . 20 days of 350 legend AR pistols the snows deep and they are grouped up big time . Anyone got a group going ? I know a few locals who love it . Even the non res guys are doing it now . Coincidently lines up with coyote hound truck radio hunting season . How’s this keep
Slipping through the cracks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man, that's crazy. I am sure with time, more folks will do this. I guess, that's the result of legislation where special interests in bed with politicians know how to put in the right verbiage. This is what happens to Iowa's deer herd & regulations every year.... countless examples like this.... One step at a time. It'll be crossbows, rifles, more seasons, etc. Won't end.

I'll be out. I've never shot a big buck with a gun in my life but sure is a great time of year for many to do it. Still the best way, IMO.... Hunting ALONE, very carefully on any kind of feeding pattern. Killing old buck is still hard in any part of the year. Shooting a 2-3 year old, not so much. I'm stoked for shotgun to be behind us.... Peace & quiet late season COLD, fun times ahead.

We started small in Indiana, small cartridges and then BOOM it blew up. You can shoot a deer here with anything now. Crossbow all year, all rifles larger than .243.

It is the demise of our herd. Too bad as we were really a sleeper state. We will still have good ones because of the One Buck Rule, but I would like to see the rifles go away

Top Bottom