Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Army Worm Control in Fall Food Plots

KSHUNTER

PMA Member
Can someone give good direction on army worm control, they are absolutely horrible this year in my area. I used Bifen Ag Gold when my brassicas first started germinating as clover and idle areas adjacent to planted area was already infested, dang things ate my yard in a few days. I sprayed basically everything(brassicas, clover, and plots to be planted to rye) with the Bifen and all the worms are dead and no damage to brassicas, but on the Bifen label there was no talk about residual.

My understanding is army worms run on a 10 day cycle until cool weather, so there will be a new hatch coming along soon, so I don't know if I'm looking at spraying pretty constantly or what.

So is there a residual in Bifen? Has anyone else fought them and what insecticide did you use or would you recommend?

Thanks

Might check into imidacloprid. I’m not sure if it would work but I assume it would. Plants suck it up & any insects eating plant die. Commonly used for soybeans, etc.

Top Bottom