Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow clearance problem w/Blazers and Trophy Taker

Two Beards

Life Member
I fletched up some new arrows Axis ST's with 2" Blazers with a small degree of right helical. During the course of trying to get my fixed blades and field tips to hit the same, I moved my TT (Shakey Hunter) around....and now have screwed up things to the point that I'm getting 'skid marks' on my vanes
cussing.gif
and can't seem to fix things by rotating the nock
wall.gif

Before this, I shot ACC's with 4" vanes (w/a 1/2" height) with great results, but plan to fill a pocket full of doe tags and would prefer not to use the ACC's.

I think the extra depth/height on the Blazers is just enough to create a problem with my setup. Any suggestions?

Try using lipstick or baby powder on your vane and see where your contact is.

I'm not sure if this was the deal but I had blazers fletched with helical and couldn't get them to fly right out of my shakey hunter. I refletched with straight and a slight offset and it seemed to solve everything. I might have made other minor changes but most people I know fletch them with just a slight offset.

I finally figured it out after spraying down both the arrow shelf and the arrow cradle on the TT with foot spray.

The arrow cradle on the TT wasn't the problem, but the extra height on the Blazers was catching the top of NAP arrow holder on my shelf. After trimming the top of each side by about a 1/4"....my arrow is clearing now, along with good flight
grin.gif

The arrow shelf was about the last thing I'd considered.

Now I just need to figure out a way to get all the foot spray off my shelf & rest!

Arrowrest.jpg

Top Bottom