Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow Rest Thoughts and Recommendations

IsThisHeaven?

I am new to Iowa, which means I am going to get a chance to do a lot more bowhuntingw, which I am excited about. I really like my bow and and my setup in general . My only question is about my rest. I use a whisker biscuit. I really like its simplicity and reliability., but I'm concerned about accuracy. I shoot a Parker bow, Bemen ICS Hunter arrows, Crosby Ridge 3 pin sight and a True Fire release. I have a 31 inch draw so accuracy is something I really focus on and has taken me some time to improve. Do you guys think I am ok staying with the Whisker Biscuit, or are there other rest I should consider?

I had a whisker on my bow when I bought it, didn't work well for me, now I shoot the ripcord code red, drop away rest.. I really like it!!! But like they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" if u like the whisker biscuit and shoot well with it, no real need to change..

I have a whisker buistcut on my mathews now, i do notice alot of arrow drift beacause of it. Like put one arrow in the dot, one 4 inches high and another 3 inches left. Just enough to annoy me. I shot a drop away on a freinds bow 2 years ago, hes got the same setup and arrows as me and i shot 3 inch groups at 20-30 yards just fine so ill be switching myself..

See that's my concern too. I'm fairly accurate with the whisker biscuit, but can I be more accurate with a different rest. reliability and functionality are still important to me and I don't want to lose that.

I really like QAD and Limb Driver. Both are great rests IMO.

qad is a great rest with great customer service. the whisker biscuit is good as well I don't think accuracy will be in issue with a whisker biscuit I shot it for years I never had an issue

I have shot whisker biscuit for years. When I am shooting well I break knocks and ruin fletchings at 35 yards. Thsi is not real often lately because I have not been shooting a lot the last coupel years. The rest will group just fine, the end result depends on me. However, if you are interestred in trying out new stuff just to see if it is better go for it. Maybe drop aways are more forgiving since there is less time with arrow in contact with the rest. Let us know if you see a change, maybe I need a new toy too!

3 letters...QAD

If set up properly you will never have a problem with accuracy or anything else for that matter. Well worth the money.

I have a QAD HDX on one of my bows and love it.

On my other bow I have an AAE DOA full capture drop away rest. I like the function of this rest better as it actually holds on to your arrow 3/4 of the way before it drops away (watch the video...pretty sweet). BUT, I had it out in the rain all day and then it went below freezing and the rest became frozen in the cocked position...would not drop down. Almost cost me a monster buck. Had it not been for that experience I would have said this rest over the QAD HDX.

Just my 2 cents for what they're worth.

I have shot the whisker biscuit for 7-8 years and love it. I have never had a problem with accuracy AT ALL. I would never shoot any drop away because think about those cold snowy days one wrong snow flake frozen in a moving part, bye bye buck. I know its a long shot but i wouldn't ever want that ever possibly happening. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom