Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV Spreader

MN Hunter

I haven’t done a ton of research on this subject but I am looking for a spreader I can mount on a 4 wheeler. We have about 15 acres of CRP going in this spring. The ground is so rough we are not even going to attempt to drill it. Instead we are doubling up the seed. I’ve used hand broadcast seeders in the past using kitty litter to help get the seed to flow through the hopper. Assuming this will work on an electric spreader? I just don’t have the time this spring to do this all by hand. If anyone has any insight on this I’d greatly appreciate.

Answer will depend on what you are doing for CRP. If you have any native grasses or wildflowers that are "fluffy" seeds there really is only one option that I know of. Truax seed slinger.

I have that fimco. It’s “ok”. I put every fimco product in the “flimsy” category. Cheap junk at high margins that - eah - “kinda works”. & I’ve refabbed mine a few ways. Works “ok” after. I’d look at earthway, herd & above seed slinger.

Shot quick vid on the truax. These are designed for ATV. I just modified it for UTV. If your planting fluffies, it'll work.

Thanks for sharing the video!
That really looks like it would work perfect. When seeding Forbes, do you separate from the grasses? Or do you have the seed company mix everything together and just use the bigger hopper? Thanks again for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing the video!
That really looks like it would work perfect. When seeding Forbes, do you separate from the grasses? Or do you have the seed company mix everything together and just use the bigger hopper? Thanks again for sharing this.
If planting a mix, have it mixed all together.

Anyone have any feedback on this Swisher unit??
971e0653c03db7d9e9c80df0e99e88ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Anyone have any feedback on this Swisher unit??
971e0653c03db7d9e9c80df0e99e88ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I bought one of these a couple years ago on the last day of the Deer Classic. Made a cash offer so they didn't have to haul back. It's well built and for the price does it's job. My only wish is that it had an electric shutoff to close the gate off so you don't waste seed or fertilizer when you don't want to spread or are turning around etc.

This is an old thread, but I would like real world opinions on the Truax seed slingers. I have posted before about my "project" but am converting a rolling hill pasture to a hunting farm and doing patches of natives, trees, etc. Trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so thinking about doing minimum till and buying a truax seed slinger instead of hiring somebody to no till. Is this a good option for me or am I better off just paying for no-till?

Top Bottom