Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Badlands Packs

baggin_bucks

I've been using a walmart camo backpack for several years but I'm in need of new one. Just curious what the deal is with the badlands packs, I hear a ton of hype about them. Is it the durability or storage capacity or what? I guess fill me in with what you like about yours and which one you have.

its not hype....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

mine is coming at Chrismas time.... dang in laws....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
i cant wait

I think it is durability and functionality. I hardly ever use the actual main storage area. Its nice to carry stands and double bull blinds and have the pack still look brand new after 3 years of hard use. If it can withstand all the crap I strap on to that thing and not break, it is a good product. You won't be disappointed

I just bought one last week, and I'm in love with it. You can strap about anything to it and rest assured it's still gonna be there when you get to your stand. Not to mention all the storage capacity it has. One of the best pieces of equipment I've ever bought.

I'll second what LIV said. There are times when I think that my 2200 would rip off the straps but it has held up amazingly well. One of my very best purchases.

Lifetime warranty. The 2200 has a batwing configuration that allows me to carry my lone wolf sticks and lw stand. I can also carry my Double Bull in this area.VERY comfortable; extremely high quality. Designed to fit the curves of your body and to carry weight on your hips. Designed for whitetail hunting or going to Alaska. It will meet your needs as an elk hunter too. The 2200 also has the feature of being able to spin the pack around while still attached to your waist, and it has a hidden zipper that allows you gain access to the pack contenets without removing the pack. I love my 2200. Pricey, but as I have found out in life, you get what you pay for. Go to Badlands website and you can see the 2200 live in video and in action.

Love mine. Bigger than what I need, but I love it. It will haul tree stands and turkey blinds. Plenty of pockets and can't beat the warranty.

I own the 2200, Monster and Nano. Each are well made. I belive they are made overseas, not sure where, but they must have the older kids working on their packs because the quality of construction is unbelivable. I've had other asian made packs that use lighter material and the 7-8 year olds must run the sewing machine cause they just aren't as well put together. My next purchase will be the big duffel they make. Tons of storage and it appears to be tough as a tank.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they must have the older kids working on their packs </div></div>

Bonker, that is sooooo wrong

Didn't some of you post pictures with your blinds and treestands a while ago. If you have some please re-post these and tell wich pack you are using. I am planning on buying a pack as well and would like to see how they work for real hunters not paid advertisement videos. Thanks!!!

I have the 2200 that I got from Rudd way back in the day. Its well built, but a bit much for me deer hunting so I mainly use for spring turkey hunting.

I was trying to decide b/w the Monster and the cabelas line fanny pack and decided to go with the cabelas one below. I liked that it had a diet mountain dew holder and a bit more carrying space in the main pack....would fit my CAnon GL2 in it..

I also liked the outer clothes attachment system better on the cabelas. The monster is probably better built, but lacked some of the features I wanted. That and it was almost 50$ more expensive.
s7_517031_116_01

All day transporter

I've been hanging mine in the tree. It works pretty well. I can also strap the waist band around the tree so that it doesn't move at all.

Leave it in the tree. The chest strap will hold it up or else put it on with the batwing strap if the tree is bigger. Also easy to hang off the bottom of the stand with that snap handle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they must have the older kids working on their packs </div></div>

Bonker, that is sooooo wrong
</div></div>

I just snored at that....hahaha!

i just bought a 2200 monday. i have broke 2 zippers already called them up and they are sending new pack today. just have to send mine in when new one comes. that is good customer service to me. they said they had a bad batch of zipper pulls and didnt want me to be without for any part of deer season. i also have a superday that has had no problems in 4 years. they have great packs.

Had mine loaded to the gills on my recent trip to Nebraska... Heavy but rode well... The antlers went under the netting as well. Fantastic all around pack with even better customer service. I broke one zipper tab in 5 years and they sent me three new ones just in case... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif BTW did I mention that this was heavy...

Badlands_loaded.jpg

Limb,
what the H is in that top piece of luggage? camera?

i know lots of airlines that would charge you extra for that much stuff!!!

i want a relatively detailed list.....

In that case is a Canon XH A1 a Lone Wolf camera arm in the side pocket and a varizoom ez rock control on the arm there are a few cables in there as well but after I made the jump with the camera I was determined to get a bag that was going to protect it, It really isn't too bad.

Top Bottom