Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Banks Blinds

DeerHunter3

Does anyone on here use any of the Stumps by Banks Blinds? If so, which model? I have been going back and fourth on the stump 4 and stump 3 nbs and would really like some feedback.

Thanks,

What type of hunting and how many people? Theyre kinda small, the 3 person is more like a 1 person if bowhunting and the 4 is more like a 2. I wasnt real impressed with them, dont really like their doors or windows... just my opinion, but I think there has to be a lot better options out there for the same or less cost. Ive sat in a couple lick creek blinds that seemed like they were way better built and better designed.

Here is who I recommend! We got one last year and during the muzzleloader this previous winner when it was 40 below windchill we only need to turn the heater on periodically. This would be the first choice on every blind that I've sat in or used.

http://www.steel-tuff.com

Not to mention he's an Iowa company.

There are a lot of good blinds on the market so do some research and see what would work best for you. With that said I sell Banks blinds so here's my take on them. I have no experience in anything else. If your an averaged sized guy the Stump 3 will work fine. 2 guys can sit comfortably in them. If your draw length is over I'd say 29.5" it gets tight drawing your bow. I thought the Stump 4s were huge. You would have no problems with 3-4 guys in one. I would bet 10 guys could stand and fit in one. Haha. The Stump 3 and 4s have a new window this year. A definite upgrade. We build our platforms so the ladder goes right up into the door with no problems.

The stump 2s are a one piece blind with s full upright door. Which is nice (better seal). The are oval and you could shoot a bow out the ends (long way) but not the short way. Great gun blind.

Not sure the price of the other mentioned blinds but for $1000-$1100 for stump 2s and 3s. I'd say they are worth a look.

The new windows on the Stump 3 and Stump 4 have a new seal and do not leak. We've had several heavy rains and the blinds stayed completely dry. The lip that you bolt thru to hold the two pieces together used to bolt from the outside. They've reversed this to make a better seal also. Last year they added a wood floor insert for a more rigid floor.

Another plus is the weight. The lifted one we lifted out of the back of a pickup with a 4 guys.

Hopefully you find what your looking for.

The new windows on the Stump 3 and Stump 4 have a new seal and do not leak. We've had several heavy rains and the blinds stayed completely dry. The lip that you bolt thru to hold the two pieces together used to bolt from the outside. They've reversed this to make a better seal also. Last year they added a wood floor insert for a more rigid floor.

Another plus is the weight. The lifted one we lifted out of the back of a pickup with a 4 guys.

Hopefully you find what your looking for.

Do you bowhunt out of the 3? It only has four windows? I was hoping it might have a double set of windows in the front, or did they change that with the new window design?

Before you do anything take a look at Shadow Hunter blinds. I have two and really like them. Price is right also.

Do you bowhunt out of the 3? It only has four windows? I was hoping it might have a double set of windows in the front, or did they change that with the new window design?

Yes we bowhunt out of the Stump 3. You'd be surprised at the angles you can shoot out of that window by moving around in the blind. The pics I posted are the new window design. The old windows had two plexiglass panes per opening and didn't seal near as good as this new window.

Yes we bowhunt out of the Stump 3. You'd be surprised at the angles you can shoot out of that window by moving around in the blind. The pics I posted are the new window design. The old windows had two plexiglass panes per opening and didn't seal near as good as this new window.

Thats what I was wondering about...I want as many shot angles as possible. It's a toss up for me on the 3 & 4. I'm going to check them both out, thanks for the help!

I have two maverick 6' blinds. They are OK for the money. The windows and doors are kinda cheap and do not seal very well. They send you some sealing strips to help but the strips peel off right away. The windows are the same material as the blind so you can't see through them. They do give you three see through windows but I was really disappointed with them because they are really flimsy. I want to redo all of the windows but have not had time to fool with it yet to figure out the best way.
That being said, they are cheaper than most solid blinds if money is an issue. I would suggest that you go look at one in person before you buy to make sure they will be acceptabl to you.

I've sold several of the Maverick blinds. Not in the same class as the Shadow Hunter or Bittercreek blinds I also sell but also only a fraction of the price. They are more like a hardsided Double Bull - haven't had any compliants on them. A good buddy bought two and he seems to really like them for the price.

Top Bottom