Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Barrel Cam

SaskGuy

He's having his way with it.

I won't actually hang a stand unless a giant black or a really big color that makes the 50 gallon drum look like a pop can.:)

I don't. lol.

I always buy a tag but the only bear I've shot was a problem bear in my yard.
I like trying to pick a good one out and trying to spot and stalk it on oats in the fall but I don't want shoot an avg. bear that bad. I'd like to mount one and want it to be representative of the monster bears that I know are in the area.

It's a good bear for sure, not a great one.

I'd say 400 is a good guess. Not many people would give a pass to a bear that size. Got a big head on him too.

Areas of mixed farmland and forests like yours can produce some real giants.

He looks like a monster to me. Hoping to line up a bear hunt in minnesota over the next couple years. If he came by me i would throw an arrow at him

Being that you are a teacher I can tell that you set your grade curve way too high! :) I would be having bear bacon and boiling that skull if I were you! :) Great pics Kaare!

How old are they when they get that big? Is it age or genetics that create size in a black bear? That thing looks like a tank...I can't imagine the kind you speak of that you would go after. Cool pics!

SE, I truthfully know much less about bears than whitetails so I cannot answer the questions about age or genetics.

I understand what a truly big bear is and know they exist in good numbers here along with many different color phases. They say beggars cannot be choosers but I feel like I can be.

Great pics, Kaare! The bear in that first pic looks pretty husky - I'd definitely take him for a ride in the back of my truck. :D Good luck ... I hope the monster you're waiting shows up!

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom