Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best lighted knocks?

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I shoot a size G. For the injextion 4mm shafts. Got some nockouts from buck hollow. Way better than nockturnal. In size G- I had a lot of problems with nockturnals. More than 50% didn’t work. Maybe worse. Like.... brand new, shoot & no light on over 50%. They were junk as far as I’m concerned.

Switched to nockouts like I said - shot a few & so far so good. Buddy is looking at some for size G. Only ones he mentioned that may be better is “firenock”. Ratings are good. I’m set for now with mine BUT.... has anyone shot firenocks? Reviews are really good BUT the price is steep!!!!! If they are the awesome- maybe worth it. I won’t use the junk in past that was worthless though. In a size g- never a nockturnal ever again. But- any others or thoughts on solid lighted knocks in general? I shot a pile of does and some bucks and I know when a brand has performed like crap & sure be nice to figure out who has best lighted knocks in recent years. Any input appreciated!

I'm looking at starting to use lighted nocks for the 1st time so I'm no help but will be watching this thread for input as well.

I am really surprised by review of above. I struggled for years with crappy lighted nocks until I tried nocturnal. I wonder if there is an issue specific to size G. I shoot nocturnal size x on 5 mm fmj. Never had one NOT go off. That's thousands of shots cuz I practice with them. Interesting.

I did put G size for reason. In case it did have to do with that size. I literally tried different colors and bought at different times & locations to make sure I didn’t get a “bad batch”. Wasn’t the case- they simply didn’t work over 50% the time no matter where I bought em & what color. Could be G size though. It’s smaller & lil more unique.

I did some more reading. It took some digging to find other brands.....
Ignitor, Glory nock & Fire nock all Had good reviews. Size G is for sure a problem for nockturnals and maybe it’s unique to that size. Think it is as all reviews were horrid on size G only. I am set for year BUT buddy was between Glory nock and Fire nock. Went glory nock as reviews seemed good & Fire nocks extremely expensive- like 3x the Cost. See if any good & try Ignitor & Firenock if not. Will see! Here’s one review I found on YouTube

The Glory nocks look pretty good. I wonder how they hold up in wet weather with a switch on the side of the nock and the plunger?

I bought some Ignitors at a sportsman show this past February but haven't tried them yet.

Bought some Nocturnals this year for gold-tip arrows. (First experience with lighted nocks). They are all working well so far. My brother uses them and likes them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: got glory nocks to fit after some trouble shooting. All good. Will test them out.

Last edited:
I notice my nockturnals dont clip into my string like my regular nocks do? Anyone else have that same thing? Very easy to take arrow off the string..kinda worried I might bump it hunting while pulling back and have arrow fall off

I notice my nockturnals dont clip into my string like my regular nocks do? Anyone else have that same thing? Very easy to take arrow off the string..kinda worried I might bump it hunting while pulling back and have arrow fall off
Yeah I notice the same. Not too worried about falling off but maybe accuracy. I didnt notice accuracy issues out to distances I shoot

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I had a nockturnal left in my quiver a few days ago.... I drew back on a doe, arrow fell off. I bit down on nock & arrow fell off 2 more times. Somehow I bit extremely hard on nock and pressed it onto arrow with massive force- finally stayed on and smoked the doe. Recovered that arrow- took nockturnal off & through it in garbage with any others I could find. Thank goodness that wasn’t a giant buck.

Skip did you ever try the Glory nocks? I tried them this year, the only ones I ever bought, and they seem alright. No issues snapping on to the string, in fact I have to push them off or the nock stays on the string and the light falls out. Very snug though and the shafts flew great without having to adjust the sight pins. Didn't help this year since my shaft broke in two and both pieces were in the chest cavity, obviously the lighted nock submerged in blood didn't stand out when I was looking for my shaft o_O

Skip did you ever try the Glory nocks? I tried them this year, the only ones I ever bought, and they seem alright. No issues snapping on to the string, in fact I have to push them off or the nock stays on the string and the light falls out. Very snug though and the shafts flew great without having to adjust the sight pins. Didn't help this year since my shaft broke in two and both pieces were in the chest cavity, obviously the lighted nock submerged in blood didn't stand out when I was looking for my shaft o_O
I did. I messed with a bunch. I had one glory nock not light up after shooting and others seem fine. They are tight - No doubt there!!!! Being G size- I had to shave them down out of package. But- one failure & rest worked. Guess that’s a “decent” review.

I kinda came to conclusion- I’ll shoot what I got and buy more if no failures.... if I do have any more failures... I’m bagging lighted nocks and be standard nocks like the old days. I like the info lighted nocks give u on the shot but it ain’t a make or break like the actual shot is - so if it continues to be a hassle - not gonna happen. We shall see!

You test 4 mm vs 5 mm shafts? Think there's a big performance difference there? Just curious. I know no issues with the nocks for 5mm.

I have had them all fail. I like the Glory nocks best when they work. Much easier to turn on and off. Longevity just isn't a strength of any of them. I have not tried fire nocks.

You test 4 mm vs 5 mm shafts? Think there's a big performance difference there? Just curious. I know no issues with the nocks for 5mm.

I own them both & did lots of tests with both. My 5mm are actually a touch heavier arrow as well. This is pretty much result of every comparison I made with them.....

55c60989e4ec9d52ff3244610c8497f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom