Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Spots for Bowhunting Iowa Trophy Bucks

NE iowa is the place to be actually!!! ;) Heck, look just across the river, WI, MN - now that's 10x the amount of cover and looks the same - same nutrition, genetics and a lot more habitat!!! - that's where I'd head!!!!!!

I gotta mention one funny thing.... "178 & 3/8 net, one of biggest with bow"... My bro got one with bow that netted low 80's & I had no idea it would be classified like that. I suppose a lot bigger than that are out there that never get entered. Not to take away from a mammoth like that 178 & 3/8's, just crazy how many mammoths are out there that don't get entered. I do think there have been 8's that have hit 80 though too. Pretty nuts.

Come on guys, Story County is where its at. You only see about 1 deer per hunt but your monster to average buck ratio is much higher that way.

The map makes sense. Out of all my hunting buddies I can't name one who has a buck in the books officially though.

Yea, that's all we need,,more advertising for Iowa. Go to Iowa. Giant racks abound. Like in Wapello County. Hey,,I'm in Wapello County? Must be in the wrong part. Deer are big enough for me. My freezer is full enough. That's whats important...

As long as the IDNR doesn't get too greedy like Kansas did you guys will be all set...

I think the IDNR realizes what surrounding states' greed (Illinois, Kansas, etc) did to their hunting and will take steps to avoid the same situations. Hopefully.....

Top Bottom