Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Boy Sighting

Team Haastyle

Host of Haastyle Hunting
I had the opportunity this past December to hunt SW Iowa with my muzzleloader. I have been hunting down in the area for about 10 years now, and have never been disappointed. Well this year I had the chance to hunt an area that I have not hunted since 2005 when I harvested my first Iowa whitetail. Remembering that hunt I could recall the crazy amount of deer that were in the area. Well this year I had the privilege to film a world class 8 point (some extra points to make him a 10). He stayed at about 250 yards which was 50 yards out of my comfort zone so I did the next best thing and filmed him for about 10 minutes. Here are some video screen shots of the buck.

Wow, that is a Big Buck. You could tell just by how much higher the rack sits in comparison to his ears that are sticking straight up. Good Mass and Beam Length.

In fact I do get to shed hunt two properties there. One that I saw him on, and the neighboring property. Hopefully he stuck around and left them on one big pile for me, possibly with a light beacon for easy finding :).

In fact I do get to shed hunt two properties there. One that I saw him on, and the neighboring property. Hopefully he stuck around and left them on one big pile for me, possibly with a light beacon for easy finding :).

Hopefully the shed poachers haven't ransacked it already. Good thing going for you is you have plenty of fresh snow and looks like more coming. Good luck with those, be one heck of a sweet find picking those up.

My first thought was holy sh*t buckets. My second thought was holy sh*t buckets. Great buck! Hopefully he made it through the season and you get fortunate enough to find his sheds. I can't imagine what he will look like next fall.

While I watched him walk off...all I could think in my head was "I really wish I had a 300 yard muzzleloader" ....

Hopefully the shed poachers haven't ransacked it already. Good thing going for you is you have plenty of fresh snow and looks like more coming. Good luck with those, be one heck of a sweet find picking those up.

That's exactly what I am worried about as well. Da** shed poachers!

What a brute.. We had a deer very similar to that except a tall brow on the right side in SW Iowa that the gf couldnt get a bow shot off at. I really want those sheds.. I hope you can get those ones for you, then you will know exactly what he would go... thanks for sharing

Nice buck! I'm hoping there was no cover to close the distance on him, or even to try, cuz I'd be kicking myself if there was and I didn't!

Top Bottom