Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind stolen

Windwalker

Life Member
Went out sunday after noon to move my new week old ameristep pop up blind.Some smart ass decided he wanted to be the new owner.I was wanting to take my daughter out thought it was going to be great to share a hunt..Boy what a empty feeling seeing it was gone! The model no.899 in mossy oak.Taken from S.E.5 mi. of Clearfield Ia.in Ringgold Co.
frown.gif
So If any to good to be real deals come up contact me..Thanks

It sure seems this kind of stuff happens a-lot. Most everyone I know has a story of stands being stolen and confrontations with SLOBS in the field. What's up with these people!? My patience with these kind
lynchstill.gif
has grown extremely short over the last years.

Maybe there should be a forum on this site for guys to post their stolen property and other info.

Hey,

This is not related to the theft, but I too have an Ameristep blind. Mine is the outhouse. I have had zipper trouble with mine. What experiences have you had. The people at Ameristep are trying to make it right however.

I'd like to think that as a hunting fraternity we are better people than that but obviously in some instances that is not the case.

Just a thought, how about sewing, painting or using a permanent marker to put something like "This blind is the property of (name & phone)". On tree stands one could do the same with a bead of weld or engraving tool in an obvious area. Might make it harder for sticky fingers to reuse or market. Maybe we could even catch and prosecute some of these thieves.

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

That is a good point Old Buck! I have started doing that in the last 2 years and so far.....so good! But we will see. I have hunted some public land in recent years and had a couple stands stolen. Most of the public land treestands I use are now tagged just as you mentioned. It can't hurt to put something on your stand and make them second guess about taking it.
893End-thumb[1].gif

I wright on the underside of the seat on the wood on my portables, please dont steal me I belong to a nice guy, and put my phone # on it.
grin.gif

Top Bottom