Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Body size & health trail cam photo - 2 bucks…

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
This popped up one picture after the other. Screenshot it. Just interesting. Some of it is like people….. bigger/smaller or skinny/fat or muscular, etc.
u see this & notice in THIS example- the rack of the healthy big buck is bigger in this example. I wonder if the smaller deer maybe is run down or has parasite. Or had “Covid” ;). Genetics, Who knows. But just interesting getting such a difference in body size & look of health between 2 bucks. Yes they different ages but still neat. See this in racks, bodies & even personalities.

you see same sort of things or vast differences between bucks? Thoughts?
6BD78C33-F188-46AE-9C52-B82D72651C35.jpeg

Love these 2 pics. My guess is the top guy isn't going to make it to opening day, but if he kicks whatever's ailing him, he could turn into something in a year or few. The 2nd guy is a stud and looks to be in tip top health. Genetics certainly plays a huge role, but I'm pretty sure this is more of a difference between a deathly sick and healthy buck.

• Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: Z
Show…
Top buck looks like he has giraffe legs. Good reminder of how when bucks are all by themselves they are a lot harder to judge; but when you get aged bucks together you can spot age class identifying characteristics right away.

Top Bottom