Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boot gaiter recommendations

deerhunter93

I'm contemplating buying some boot gaiters and I'm interested on hearing which ones you like or don't like. They would mainly be for pheasant hunting and shed hunting around here. Any recommendations?

I have a couple, but, my favorite are my Sitka Sotrmfront GTX. I had the Kuiu Yukon’s and have a backup pair of Outdoor Research Gaitors. The Sitka ones have held up the best. I’ve beat the ever living heck out of the GTX and they’ve taken EVERYTHING I’ve thrown at them.

I have a couple, but, my favorite are my Sitka Sotrmfront GTX. I had the Kuiu Yukon’s and have a backup pair of Outdoor Research Gaitors. The Sitka ones have held up the best. I’ve beat the ever living heck out of the GTX and they’ve taken EVERYTHING I’ve thrown at them.
I recently bought a pair of the Yukon’s, literally haven’t wore them yet. Out of curiosity what issues did they have or where did they not hold up well at?

I used OR Verglas, but they were too light for IA briars and stickers. I bought a pair of Kennetreks, which are sturdier - yet to try them out. I’ve heard others note that Kennetreks don’t fit well unless you have meaty calves (I do).

I recently bought a pair of the Yukon’s, literally haven’t wore them yet. Out of curiosity what issues did they have or where did they not hold up well at?
Had the plastic buckles on both of them break. This could just as easily happen with the Sitka ones too. But, I’ve used the Sitka ones all over and had zero issues with them in the last two and a half years. I’m sure you’ll love the Yukon’s! I’m super rough on stuff.

I have First Lite and Outdoor Research. The First Lite are sturdier but the Outdoor Research breathe better when it's warm. T&K also makes bomb-proof gaiters and they're a 100% American company owned by a veteran. They'll be getting my business into the future.

I've had a pair of outdoor research gore Tex gaiters for going on 7 yrs now. Couple holes in them from barbed wire fences, but they have served me well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread but for anyone on the fence about getting a pair of boot gaiters I'd highly recommend it. I bought some Kenetrek gaiters last fall on sale and have worn them quite a bit for hunting and shed hunting and wish I would have purchased a pair years ago.
f80723023fcfeccbc13762e4e6db36d9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom