Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowmar at it again....

I called him out under his IG video where every single person was living all over how great he is and how everyone should have such great morals and ethics ...They blocked me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. They delete all the bad comments. Can’t believe people are googly eyed over them and say they do no wrong.

Bows have never been required to be cased in Iowa, at least, not that I am aware of. My guess is that the violation had to do with artificial light while having in possession a gun or bow, cased, or not.
I agree which is wild to me. Cuz how many people leave home with their headlamp on their head to go hunting let alone have the headlamp in possession. The new headlamps might as well be spotlights. So when I'm walking in to my spot in the dark with light on and weapon in hand are they gonna write tickets?

I know with CPL you do not. During muzzleloader it is loaded and in my backseat without a case. That's how I transport it and its 100% legal.
Agree, with permit to carry, but otherwise IA expects guns in vehicles to be unloaded and cased, hunting or not.
I agree which is wild to me. Cuz how many people leave home with their headlamp on their head to go hunting let alone have the headlamp in possession. The new headlamps might as well be spotlights. So when I'm walking in to my spot in the dark with light on and weapon in hand are they gonna write tickets?
I was thinking car lights. It is a law with a lot of gray that gets enforced. Slow down or turn around and you’ll draw suspicions to yourself.

Deerman showed his colors in the harvest forum previously. Looking for trouble. Ignore him he’ll go away.
Hillrunner, I don’t have one either. Never trusted the soft case and have a stigma about compressing my equipment in a hard case. I know I’m a mess. Lol

I looked at his posts and his first post stated he’d been lurking for over a year and waiting to comment then was a complete ass when he did

Bows have never been required to be cased in Iowa, at least, not that I am aware of. My guess is that the violation had to do with artificial light while having in possession a gun or bow, cased, or not.
That may be right. This was 16 years ago and that part I do remember loosely addressing. He mentioned “well, u have a bow at dark with headlights”. Even though bow was in the back of truck under a topper. & even though I was NOT shining them at deer. This was really a case where I thought “do I wanna make a stink or fight this?” Spoke with him the next day. When he said “I know u were not out to poach or cause issues. This is technically the rule” or “rules are rules even though I know ur intention is good” - whatever. At that point I just said “screw it- I’ll mail in my $50 or $75 (whatever) & I’m not fighting it”. It’s no excuse or justifying it. I would more-so say I came to conclusion of “i made innocent mistake but I’m not fighting- I’m owning it and not worth fighting even if law is technically on my side here or maybe gray”. Again- this was 16 years ago stating the best I could for the 1 “Internet police person” who might like to see an explanation for something that’s a big NOTHING & 10000% no Ill-intent. Now- if I had a bow or crossbow or rifle in the truck with me & they saw me shining my truck lights on a deer- sure - throw the book at me (which at that point they confiscate stuff & u get major violations & a bunch of them). & that’s absolutely NOT what happened or even close. Part of me laughs at this, 1% is like “u dummy, of 16 years ago, u shouldn’t have made that stupid overlooked mistake & u did”. & part me says “why do I have to explain this STUPID frigin issue to one idiot that’s sitting in his parent’s basement, in his underwear waiting for his mom to bring down his hot-pockets or leftover meatloaf for lunch!!! ;):mad::cool::p:eek::rolleyes::) I could just delete the whole thing but the 90%+ of me really doesn’t care & 100% I got zero I need to hide & cover for. Oh!!!!!! I got 3 parking tickets in college too!!! Pheewww!!! Almost forgot!!
“MOM- THE MEATLOAF!!! I want it!!!” - guarantee that’s what’s going on over there right now!!!!

Past is past, don't dwell on it and move on instead of digging up dirt. I'd bet the majority of hunters did something in their younger and dumber years that would be a violation and never got caught, minor or not, me included. But I'm all grown up now :D

A kid in my high school came to shop class one morning proud as heck of the huge snow goose he shot south of my town in MN. The problem was it was a trumpeter swan.

Dumbest thread. Sligh, you owe nobody an explanation. Delete the thread. Ass clown hasn’t responded. It’s the equivalent of a summary traffic deal. Who cares.

Bowmar=dummy. If you are in his position with social media and a show etc you better dang sure read your tags to make sure they are right, especially when you are already in hot water.

Skip-I didn't know bows had to be cased in IA either. I know guns do. I drove around most of this past November with my bow uncased in the backseat, oops, will have to do better with that next year.

We have located deerman54... in all seriousness but with respect for privacy I do know who it is. ;). Yes. I do. No joke. But I won’t reply in kind. & I do need to clarify- it’s NOT someone in leadership of IFC - to be fair.
Yes- I do know who this is. Not kidding. I will not post his info. Cause I’m not like that.

on a lighter side of it, maybe with a little humor - this is a tape of him...
Also, little rumor he got busted on a Chris Hansen “to catch a predator” sting (yes, this part maybe I’m kidding)
BDFD3213-979B-404D-9538-D579F2F2B209.jpeg

I wouldn’t sweat it. Annoying? Yes, but don’t let it question your integrity and feel the need to rationalize the past to the rest of us. It’s his loss, he spoiled an opportunity long term to have dialogue and get away from everyday life talking shop about deer hunting.

Top Bottom