Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Braided fishing line.. Sufix vs. Powerpro

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Hey Guys,

Anyone have experience with either or both of these braided fishing lines? I have been having a blast fishing all summer and have been using the Powerpro 20lb test in Moss green and overall really like it. I have also used some Berkley Crystal Fuse line 6lb. I am needing to get some more line heading into the fall before I finish up the fishing season.

I am using the line primarily on a St. Croix 7 1/2 ft. Medium action with a Shimano Saros 2500 reel. Targeting primarily largemouth bass and occasionally some walleye.

Any shared experience or preferences with these lines is appreciated. :way:

I have the Sufix on all my musky stuff currently and really like that. This year I tried some of the powerpro stuff on my walleye setups and really liked it. I can say you probably wont be disappointed with either one as they are both good in my opinion. I did however kind of like how the power pro wore a little better than the sufix so I think next year my musky rods will be set up with brand new power pro line.

Thanks for your insight..... have you noticed any difference in the noise of the different lines going through the guides during retrieve? ... I really don't notice any with the powerpro but I have heard a few guys mention that the Sufix braid can be a little noisy while going through the guides. I am curious if this is only on cheaper guide materials. :confused:

Thanks for your insight..... have you noticed any difference in the noise of the different lines going through the guides during retrieve? ... I really don't notice any with the powerpro but I have heard a few guys mention that the Sufix braid can be a little noisy while going through the guides. I am curious if this is only on cheaper guide materials. :confused:

I was actually gonna say it may have something to do with guide materials, and then you said it. Great minds think alike!!

Anyways, PowerPro all the way. I've been through all the braided lines and have found it to be the best, regardless of setup. I've gone away from the braids recently but still have PP on a couple ice rods, a bass rod, and a Catfishing/Snagging rig. It's money!

I got my muskie gear spooled up with 80-100 lbs power-pro. but for everything else im a mono or flurocarbon guy

Top Bottom