Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadhead issues

The VIP TKO arrows have four 2.5 inch lower profile fletchings and the Goldtips have three blazer vanes.
I shoot Vap TKO Elites with 95g inserts and.125g slick tricks at 67# and 29" draw. 2" blazers work fine for me in this setup. Victory arrows in the elite especially are top of the line. I saw a big difference from a 350 spine to 300 in my personal setup.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was able to get broadheads to work better on my Goldtip 5575 arrows so that's what i'll be using this fall. After the season I'll dive into it deeper, visit Boyd, and make sure I have things dialed in well before season next year. Plus Cabelas doesn't make the broadheads I use anymore so I'll be switching to something else next year anyway if it was more of a broadhead issue than arrow/bow issue.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I used to shoot "broadhead" tournaments back in wi . And expandable not allowed. And seen many people having issues with not enough fetching on an arrow . Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

One of the longtime IW sponsors, Gunrunr/Boyd Mathes, operates Buck Hollow Sports just outside of Pella. He is a good guy with plenty of good products and knowledge available. I bought a bow from him a couple of years ago that I am really happy with, so I can personally vouch for him too.

I was able to get broadheads to work better on my Goldtip 5575 arrows so that's what i'll be using this fall. After the season I'll dive into it deeper, visit Boyd, and make sure I have things dialed in well before season next year. Plus Cabelas doesn't make the broadheads I use anymore so I'll be switching to something else next year anyway if it was more of a broadhead issue than arrow/bow issue.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
The diameter of those 2 arrows is significantly different. If you nock is 90 degrees with the gold tips the vaps would be closer to 1/4" nock high causing the broadhead to plain. That could be a lot of the problem. If it shoots the gold tips I'd stick with those this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom