Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadhead Switch

shooter72

I have been thinking about switching from Muzzy MX-3 100 grain broadheads for some time now. My Muzzy broadheads would always shoot about 2-3 inches to the right of my fieldpoints at 30 yards, but I would always compensate for that. Well, I want to find something that agrees with my bow setup a little more. I have been thinking about trying a mechanical broadhead, but I'm not sure what to buy. I think I'm gonna stay away from Rage as I have had some people tell me that they aren't the best built mechanical. I was looking at T3 and BloodRunner mechanical heads. Anybody have any suggestions?

Stick with the Muzzy's. Sacrafice a couple of your broadheads and set your sights for them, then if you want to shoot field tips, adjust them back after the season is over. It's more work, but Muzzy's get it done!!!

I'll say that the target broadhead you get with the Muzzy's is about worthless. Nowhere close to where the real broadhead goes.

Either your bow is out of tune or your arrows are a little underspined if they are hitting to the right of your fieldpoints.

I have never had an issue getting Muzzy broadheads flying right with my fieldpoints.

What does it look like when you shoot your arrows through paper?

im excited to see what the new Rage's are all about. 2.3" cutting diameter, no O rings, tougher, and a better tip

IMO its hard to beat the 4 blade slick trick. Used them with 2 different bows the last 2 years and they are as accurate as anything I have seen or used. Little to no difference from a field pt. Plenty strong as well. Thats just my opinion others might have found a flaw in them but I sure haven't.

Have been using the NAP Bloodrunner 2 blades the last couple years, have had very good luck with them shooting with my field points.

Grim Reapers.

Mobile Cooter using IW

X2

the 2" whitetail specials make big holes..........

2011-11-11110025-1.jpg

I have not done a paper test with the bow I currently have. To be honest, I am not sure how to set one up. I have shot 2 deer with my Muzzy broadheads where I have had little blood to trail, so I have my doubts at times at times.

Agree with others that fixed heads will group with FPs if bow is tuned. If a bow shop is close, they should be able to help you tune. That being said, I like the 1.5" wasp jackhammers. Complete pass throughs and usually watch them fall.

Wasp Hammer SST (fixed 3 blade head) USED to be the best kept secret.... could get a 6 pack for around $30... tough as nails and very similar in design to Muzzy heads but better in my opinion. They just recently changed their packaging from a 6 pack down to a 3 pack for the SAME price..... I was madder than a hornet :mad: ..... immediately went on EBay and found a couple 6 packs and bought them up ... so now I am set for a long time.... great fixed blade head that shoots right with my field points....

If you are shooting higher poundage .... 65lbs or more... the Wasp JakHammer is a tough head that puts them down in a hurry. I never had a deer not drop in sight with this head, but I shoot lower poundage and was not alway getting a complete pass thru.... so I switched to the Wasp Hammer fixed blade and it has been a great head.... :way:

I tried the magnus stinger buzzcut this year and got some awesome bloodtrails. I've had good luck with slick tricks in the past.

If your bow is tuned properly and you have the correct arrow spine all broadheads should fly within an inch of your field tips.

Either your bow is out of tune or your arrows are a little underspined if they are hitting to the right of your fieldpoints.

I have never had an issue getting Muzzy broadheads flying right with my fieldpoints.

What does it look like when you shoot your arrows through paper?

I agree 100%. I love slick tricks but I feel you can get these to fly correctly with simple rest adjustments. Just move it 1/16" left then see if FP and BH hit together, or are at least closer.

If you don't I fear switching heads is just a band-aid for the real problem which will keep coming up.

I have the same issue with my muzzy mx3s. My bow is tuned and im shooting full metal jackets. Just move your sight for your broadheads. Takes a minute.

Top Bottom