Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brrr.

SaskGuy

They say about March,. "In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb.". Here's hoping.
BhhWNtdCEAI-RW_.jpg:large

Converted to Fahrenheit, we are a balmy -65 tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Man Kaare, I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself with frozen pipes and 0 degrees and you post that! Just what I needed. Suddenly my situation doesn't seem all that bad.:D How deep do they burry water pipes up there? 10 feet?:confused:

Wayne, 3 ft is the norm. The snow is the insulator. It is currently as high as my picnic table top in the yard.
Ice fishing last weekend I didn't even need the extension due to the snow cover.

It's really amazing that any animal survives those type of conditions. No wonder your whitetails that do survive are such total beasts!!! Stay warm...no picnic here either :D

NWBuck

[Crazy! Putting in a new line now and going 6 feet deep. I sure hope that prevents this from happening again![/QUOTE]

I hope that is deep enough also. My ground source heat pump lines are 5 to 6 feet.:D

That's wild stuff, Kaare! 20-something below the other morning here and about 20" of snow on the level ... seems pretty nice compared to what you're dealing with. Hang in there!

-Longspurs-

At least this far south we get breaks. Have for a day or two all winter. Like 40' Thurs, 45 down in southern IA. Get a south wind for awhile and Texas air gets up to Iowa pretty fast! Still fresh in memory was last wk of Aug, 2013. Record High temps all that week for so late in the season. Record cold now, for so late in the season.:confused:

It's really amazing that any animal survives those type of conditions. No wonder your whitetails that do survive are such total beasts!!! Stay warm...no picnic here either :D

NWBuck

Man I think those same thoughts. Whitetail deer are tough survivors.

Once again,,, Unusually warm pacific water, all the way up to Alaska, has caused the extreme cold dump down into North America.

Top Bottom