Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brushy creek lake

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Is anyone familiar with this lake? I have never been there but a buddy and I would like to try a fishing trip or two there this spring.

We fish almost exclusively topwater for largemouth bass. I am wondering any recommendations for the time in the spring to try this lake and general locations ie. north end of lake, etc.

Any shared experiences there would be greatly appreciated. :way:

I don't know so much about the bass fishing there but I would imagine much of the flooded timber would be good. I usually target the slab gills and crappie in there. You can usually find huge schools of gills in the middle of the lake and jig the heck out of them. Crappies pretty much the same as well. Although we generally target drop offs just off the shoreline for them. Turkey feather jigs will slaughter the gills and crappie both.

I love Brushy Creek Lake, great lake, the fishing is excellent. I fish from shore so I usually go by the Horse trail bridge, always catch some fish there, or over on the opposite side of the lake off one of the jetty's towards the flooded timber. I've never gone there and not caught fish, honestly.

Top Bottom