Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks I know well

JOSHBRNDT

Here a two bucks I've had pictures of for 3 years and have the shed for the last 2 years. Are they shooters?
picture.php

picture.php

Weird, same property, yet completely different rack styles. On most of my differing properties, the bucks all have similar characteristics. As far as being shooters, the first one looks to be (in my book), but it's always hard to tell when they are still in velvet. It's up to you in the end.

if it's a shooter in your eyes shoot it who cares what people think it's not their hunt it's yours
Agree!
Only you can make that call to Shoot, period!!! there have been entirely to many years owning our own hunting ground that we did not shoot good decent buck's and Then found out later, some one else in the surrounding area did , gun hunting.
Always sad to hear that new's but nothing we can do about it. So Many times this has happened to us , but , we still do not ever regret that we made the call not to shoot,
Honestly I usually have 3 or 4 shooters picked out during the velvet season, from trail cam photo's and am so stoked about them, but then it never seems to fail once that velvet comes off, it all boils down to what they are hard horned!
And , Just make how much they make me shake/ and have the heart rate up to before I will release with bow in hand

I'd say if you have 3 years of pics and would assume they were at least 2.5 ( have at least some distinguishable rack at that age) that would make both deer at least 5.5 yrs old. Not sure what else your looking for quality wise. Both shooters in my book, awesome deer!

I'm sure you would Brian. Just make sure my mail is delivered on time and we will see what we can do??

Not enough data to tell. would be nice to get some body profile shots to see what the body frame looks like. If they are 4 yrs plus I would say game on. Otherwise it sounds like they are "property" bucks and if another year will help them in Mass grouwth I would let them pass. Might be a tough call if they are right under your stand during hunting season.

Top Bottom