Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks, yr to yr

SaskGuy

I have managed to find quite a few bucks that I found last year, of course not the one I wanted to most. Once they get out of the run of the mill 2.5 yr old stage they are usually easy for me to i.d. I am having trouble with this buck from last yr.

I question the brow tine difference between 1 and 3; curves in vs. out. But then the end of the left beam has a similar curve.....

Your second buck appears to be the deer from last year with a post called "daylight walker". He's got the beam drop on the left side and he's missing the too black mustache as that buck was.

The third one most like is not the same deer. Brows are different. Head on views are best for telling "same or nots"

Also look through several pics and try to find cuts in the ears. The majority of my deer have unique cuts that allow me to identify them.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am still uncertain. If pic 1 and 2 are the same buck then he never grew much He went from a 4x4 to a 5x5. If 1 and 3 are the same them I am happy with his growth tho he would need a couple more yrs more at least before I knew his potential.

If 3 and the buck mentioned in that Daytime Walker thread are the same deer then he did really nothing at all. I had been most excited to find that buck as he had the most growth last yr. I've been looking for him two miles away where he spent all of the last two yrs. I don't think they are the same buck as the one in pic three appears much smaller body wise than that buck did last summer.

I guess ill just keep snooping and trying to figure things out. Lol

Top Bottom