Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buddy found a nice one!!!

fireman

Central Mo in a cornfield, up high looking over the Mo River! Worth the walk yesterday after work!!! Roughly 4.5" x 2.5"

f2f97053.jpg

7e50b068.jpg

d946702d.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/fireman_3311/3a58cffd.jpg[/IMG

Nice artifact, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to find one of those someday! Are a couple of those ax heads? FYI: I know nothing about old Native American artifacts... so if I'm way off you know why :D

I found one of those years back when i was about 10 picking rocks for a local farmer. Is something like that worth anything?

Nice findis that a 3/4 groove keokuk?I used to hunt and have lots of artifacts' still have them but have not looked for along longtime . good luck looking

Not sure what it's worth, but he's like me, won't ever sell it! Found out the 3/4 groove axe are around 6500 yrs old!!!

The Gerber is only about 1 yr.....Orchelns had a sale lol

Keokuk 3/4 Groove Axe

Nice find. Amazing how the types of axes across this area are so identicle in shape. Like they had a standard blue print they shared on the trail or hunting routes.

The marks give it away as a field find. Still a great piece. I'm only slightly envious.

Now it the time to be looking. An old saying is where you find one axe, you will find more.

Axe3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom