• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Bully buck deadhead

BJohnson

I found this deadhead on Sat while taking a break from some TSI cutting. This buck had been on cams the past two seasons but I had never seen him on the hoof. He was a big bodied deer with poor antler genetics. This past Nov I got a series of pics showing blood on his busted antlers/tines so my suspicion is that he was a bully buck that probably will be good to have off the farm in 2021.

Attachments

• Shorty - deadhead Jan2021.jpg
    Shorty - deadhead Jan2021.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Shorty-ATV-101119C.JPG
    Shorty-ATV-101119C.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • Shorty-ATV-101119D.JPG
    Shorty-ATV-101119D.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • Shorty7.jpg
    Shorty7.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Shorty - bloody2.jpg
    Shorty - bloody2.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 97

Bow_and_Arrow

Bow_and_Arrow
Thanks for sharing. It’s amazing to watch these bucks go at it during the rut - I imagine the pics that resulted in the bloody antlers would have been quite the fight to watch. Think that’s his blood from a wound on his right side or from another deer — could be either?

BJohnson

Never had any pics of him this fall after the 11/14/20 set of photos. The location of the deadhead was far back into the property in a spot I rarely get to so hard to tell how long he had been dead. The right side tines appear to have 4-5" of blood on them in the 11/14 images so it must have been a serious tussle.

JNRBRONC

I had a similar bully a few years back. Heard a major fight from the archery stand but I couldn’t see it. When the fighting ended, saw him come by. He was a constant on the property and I shot him with the ML on Jan 1 of that year. At least you didn’t have to burn a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daver

PMA Member
I think you are right by the looks of things. I have seen the same type of thing in past years at my place...it happens.

Top Bottom