Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bully buck deadhead

BJohnson

I found this deadhead on Sat while taking a break from some TSI cutting. This buck had been on cams the past two seasons but I had never seen him on the hoof. He was a big bodied deer with poor antler genetics. This past Nov I got a series of pics showing blood on his busted antlers/tines so my suspicion is that he was a bully buck that probably will be good to have off the farm in 2021.

Attachments

• Shorty - deadhead Jan2021.jpg
    Shorty - deadhead Jan2021.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Shorty-ATV-101119C.JPG
    Shorty-ATV-101119C.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • Shorty-ATV-101119D.JPG
    Shorty-ATV-101119D.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • Shorty7.jpg
    Shorty7.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Shorty - bloody2.jpg
    Shorty - bloody2.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 97
Thanks for sharing. It’s amazing to watch these bucks go at it during the rut - I imagine the pics that resulted in the bloody antlers would have been quite the fight to watch. Think that’s his blood from a wound on his right side or from another deer — could be either?

Never had any pics of him this fall after the 11/14/20 set of photos. The location of the deadhead was far back into the property in a spot I rarely get to so hard to tell how long he had been dead. The right side tines appear to have 4-5" of blood on them in the 11/14 images so it must have been a serious tussle.

I had a similar bully a few years back. Heard a major fight from the archery stand but I couldn’t see it. When the fighting ended, saw him come by. He was a constant on the property and I shot him with the ML on Jan 1 of that year. At least you didn’t have to burn a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are right by the looks of things. I have seen the same type of thing in past years at my place...it happens.

Looks like a bulky for sure. Gone from the herd so maybe a couple stragglers will move in

Top Bottom