Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy Cam

MO-APE

I've been pretty impressed with these, I've had one out for a month and taken over 16,000 pictures, battery life still shows 100% (also in our -5 weather). I'm using 8 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. The pics have been very solid as well.

If anyone has access to the Bushnell store in KC (there are two here), they sell the 2009 version (5 MP) for $110 or $120. Great deal!

Are there any major differences between the later models & this year's? I read somewhere you would need to update the firmware but that isn't a big deal. The two cameras I have now can do 8MB pics, but I set them for 5. I'm got around 8,500 pictures on an 8GB card.

I personally would not reccomend them. I bought one last summer and used it during the fall. The night time pictures were horrible. Very blurry!!! I sent it in to Bushnell and they sent me a new one that is exactly the same. :mad:

There is a software upgrade but that did not help.

Just my opinion

I had a DLC covert cam that was the same way.....blurry night time pics no matter what I did. I did everything I could to like that camera.....ended up taking it back and getting 2 moultrie d55irs and not looking back.

We have half a dozen Trophy Cams and they work great for us. If you have problems with the camera, send it back. Bushnell has by far the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I have had to return a couple cameras due to different issues, but each time they gave us a new camera that worked perfectly.

We have half a dozen Trophy Cams and they work great for us. If you have problems with the camera, send it back. Bushnell has by far the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I have had to return a couple cameras due to different issues, but each time they gave us a new camera that worked perfectly.

I sent mine back and got another P.O.S. in return.

Are there any major differences between the later models & this year's? I read somewhere you would need to update the firmware but that isn't a big deal. The two cameras I have now can do 8MB pics, but I set them for 5. I'm got around 8,500 pictures on an 8GB card.

I have the 2009, and two versions of the latest model (one is bone collector and the other is non camo). The 2009 has 24 LED's where the latest version has 32 LED's. The 2009 has a max photo size of 5MP where the new ones go up to 8MP. You can go up to a 16GB card on the new ones where the old ones are 8GB. I believe the new ones record video in wide screen format (ie 16x9) where the old one is 4x3.

If you think you will set it to record video, then the newer ones give you more capacity. I don't set mine for video, takes too long to download and I don't want to scan through video when I can just skim through images much faster. I thought the extra LED's would be something I needed and for a couple of spots where the camera is little further from the trail than I'd like it works well, but most of the time isn't necessary. To be honest I prefer the 2009 model, in most instances I just don't need the extra LED's and I set my image size to 3MP to speed up downloads anyway. With that setup I can get more than 6,700 pictures on a 4 MB card. Of the four newer versions I have, three were affected by the blurry night picture issue, the 2009's were not. The firmware update solved this issue for the newer ones and I haven't had an issue since. I really like the size of this camera, the AA batteries are cheap and they last forever. Is it the perfect camera? No, but for the money, size, battery life and storage capacity they are hard to beat.

Thanks to KCClones post I will definitely be checking out the Bushnell outlet the next I visit my family in KC, $110 is a great price.

You can go up to a 16GB card on the new ones where the old ones are 8GB.

2009 models accept only up to 2GB cards don't they? I have 2 and my brother has one. They hold about 1100 to 1200 pics on a 2GB set on 5MP. Larger card capicity would sure be nice, I've had some times where they were full in 1 or 2 weeks and didn't check them until week 2 or 3 and they were hanging there for a week or two without taking pics cause they were full. My brother had a 2010 model but 90% of the night pics of bucks you could not even tell what you were looking at because they were so blurry. Deer had to be stone still to tell what they were at night. If that were fixed, the 2010 would be great IMO too (IMO 2010 models are worthless unless you get one without the blurriness problem, or update it to fix that) But we've had great results witht the 2009's. Like someone said, not the best camera on the market, but IMO better than anything besides the top end cameras

I have the 2009. I set my image size to 3MP to speed up downloads anyway.

I didn't buy into the "more is better" (more LEDs, more memory) mentality of the 2010 model as I was fine with 3MP of the 2009. I rarely set them to video, maybe for a week pre-rut over a scrape. I hate sorting through videos and rarely go back and watch even the "good" ones.

I have had about 2% of my nighttime pics come across as a blurred images (out of 3,000 or 4,000) and the deer were generally running on those occasions. Before I placed them in the field I did verify that they had the highest firmware (about a 10 minute process for each camera).

The only issue I've had is numerous pictures of birds, when I go back out I'm going to set the sensitivity to the highest setting to see if that helps. I've yet to turn on video as I'm only looking for general deer population on a new farm. Let me know if anyone wants to see sample nighttime & daytime pics.

Top Bottom