Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Busy day when it sucks out…..

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
My screens I did last year doing well.
Tree planting today. Did 2 stakes per tube. Bunch of trees. Some chinkapin I got for free. Most are ones I’ve grown. Tons of variety.

Ironically a tree puller to pull come cedars out. ;). Spade taking a break. Tree puller & mulcher so nice on keeping soil nice & just work amazing.
5A429B40-C6F9-4C4F-979D-BC907928F3A1.jpeg
2FEC253B-C7A6-46C5-9320-FB8002D9F385.jpeg
5D503507-8C0C-4588-98B0-BD309BBB6E4E.jpeg

Attachments

• 10EB3ADC-48A6-442E-91BA-75591D94C887.jpeg
    10EB3ADC-48A6-442E-91BA-75591D94C887.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Looks great!

Skip - when I've used short stakes like that on tree tubes, about the time the red oaks got 1-2' out of the tree they were still flimsy enough that in the next high wind they'd buckle the tube over and be dead if I didn't prop them back up. Only way I found it worked for me was to find a T post that supported the entire tube, not too high otherwise the tree would rub on the metal post and could girdle itself but not too low the tube wasn't supported when those big leaves caught some wind and the tree didn't have any of it's own backbone

Looks great!

Skip - when I've used short stakes like that on tree tubes, about the time the red oaks got 1-2' out of the tree they were still flimsy enough that in the next high wind they'd buckle the tube over and be dead if I didn't prop them back up. Only way I found it worked for me was to find a T post that supported the entire tube, not too high otherwise the tree would rub on the metal post and could girdle itself but not too low the tube wasn't supported when those big leaves caught some wind and the tree didn't have any of it's own backbone
Good call!!!!
I got some free rebar. Tried one rod…. Big no go!!! 2nd one will be temp. For sure would do t-post if I did more. T post is the ticket!!!
Good eye on a lesson I have ahead on these. On it!!!!

Last edited:
I have been using rebar and having good results.
Only cut 20' in thirds

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom