Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cameras similar to the Buckeye cameras?

risto2351

What is out on the market now that is similar to the Buckeye cameras?
Been waiting a few years to hopefully see if the technology is getting better and cheaper. If it has been discussed before my apologies.
Thank You.

It needs to be a non monthly pay that can talk to other cameras more than 500 feet such as the spy points.

Yep if someone could make a system like the spypoints and there blackbox but with the range of a 2way radio you would have a winner for sure. The reviews I've seen for the spypoint system claim 200ft and under in normal timber conditions which is just about worthless. But if I could check several cams from one spot that were several hundred yards away then I'd be interested, as long as it wasn't ridiculously expensive like the buckeye cams.
Im not interested in the cell type cams because a lot of the places I hunt wouldn't get good enough reception for it to work anyways but it would be nice to be able to check all your cams at any certain farm from one location to keep from stomping all over the place not too mention have pics saved someplace other than the camera itself in case of theft.

Last edited:
I've had some success with cell cams. Ups and downs and waiting for better technology. I use them more for security, trespassing, etc & work great. Deep bottoms are a problem. We have a ways to go before it's "perfected", that's for sure. I don't have all the insight you gear guys do that go to the shows and watch this close though so I'll keep checking back here to see what's released.
My MAGIC solution (impossible?) would still be pics going to my phone via text. i would love no set-up and monthly plan having to go to store and mess with it and big costs. Then, reception, a fix there. Those are 3 things, man, I have no clue if possible but if that could happen, geesh, that's what we need.

I think reception is doable. I'm certain a camera should be able to communicate with another one inside of one mile without it costing 800 bucks per camera. Worst case why couldn't you set repeater antenna's strategically on your property to enhance transmission.

I've had some success with cell cams. Ups and downs and waiting for better technology. I use them more for security, trespassing, etc & work great. Deep bottoms are a problem. We have a ways to go before it's "perfected", that's for sure. I don't have all the insight you gear guys do that go to the shows and watch this close though so I'll keep checking back here to see what's released.
My MAGIC solution (impossible?) would still be pics going to my phone via text. i would love no set-up and monthly plan having to go to store and mess with it and big costs. Then, reception, a fix there. Those are 3 things, man, I have no clue if possible but if that could happen, geesh, that's what we need.

Covert has a new Verizon cell phone camera coming. They are getting it certified through Verizon so you can buy 90 day packages directly off the Covert website and have pictures sent directly to your cell phone. Their ATT version is also certified and now easier to setup and pay than before. Technology is evolving and getting better as well as easier to operate. I should have both those systems in stock mid-summer.

Covert has a new Verizon cell phone camera coming. They are getting it certified through Verizon so you can buy 90 day packages directly off the Covert website and have pictures sent directly to your cell phone. Their ATT version is also certified and now easier to setup and pay than before. Technology is evolving and getting better as well as easier to operate. I should have both those systems in stock mid-summer.
yes sir can't wait, for those spy point fans they have one as well

Boyd, you go to ATA this year?

Verizon will be huge. There are not many places I dont get descent reception. Sounds interesting!

Top Bottom