Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Catfish Rod & Reel Recommendation

SB3

Looking to get back on the MO river and begin the quest for huge blues and flathead. We had always ran trot lines but I'm looking for a good heavy duty rod/reel combo. Any recommendations?

It is hard to go wrong with a TWC (Tangling with Catfish) Extreme rod paired with an Abu 6500 or 7000 series reel. Its all you need to handle blues or flats of any size.

Yeah I've been hearing a lot of good comments on the Abu 6500, the TWC is new to me but will check it out thanks!

The Abu 6500 gets praised again and again on the internet but for smaller cats anything will about work. I wouldnt over think it too much , line and hook seems to be the most important to me. Power pro braid is an awesome line, no more breaking off in snags hardly, damn near have to hook up the pickup to get it unsnagged at times.

ABU 6500 for sure I like warrior Cat rods medium heavy 6-12 oz sinker weight.. agree on the hooks love Wisker seeker triple treat.... Sounds like fun enjoy...

Reactions: SB3
Not rod/reel but we caught these blues on trot lines using perch in some backwater of the Missouri near Washington, MO over memorial weekend. 18 & 26lbs. From Friday evening till Monday morning these were the only 2 we caught besides snagging the sturgeon, had it slightly hooked under a scale damn thing was like a dinosaur.

Boeuf Creek 5-28-19.jpg

IMG_1369001.jpg
IMG_1372001.jpg

Top Bottom