Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CCW Online?

just took one lil over a week ago . IMHO way too easy. I'm looking at taking another class later to actually maybe learn more. I think my son's hunter safety was harder to pass than that and that's not saying alot lol.

Just turned in the App to sheriff in Warren on the 8th , no idea how long it will take.

Last edited:
Alter, I hear what your saying seems to easy but a big time saver. Did you get your permit with the online certificate?

Alter, I hear what your saying seems to easy but a big time saver. Did you get your permit with the online certificate?

sorry had actually edited my post , its fine for getting the permit , just havent heard from them yet on the approval

Here is where I took mine. I have been through the full class as well, but this one was a great refresher. If you are a first time user with a handgun, please go to a class. If you are very proficient with a handgun, and have used one extensivly for the last 15-20 years, then an online class will probably be ok.

http://www.cedarvalleyfirearmstraining.com/courses

im not a first timer for sure but never ever had any formal training so yes im going to get some when i can get time. did my class at http://www.carryiowa.com/

i know how to handle and shoot safely but the class barely touching on laws and not anything about deadly force laws concerns me a bit. of course then it wouldnt be a 30 dollar 20 question course lol

I'm no stranger to handguns. Took my CCW class at Fin & Feather Iowa City. The course was taught by Legalheat.

I talked to a former employee today (female, as if it matters) and she went through a course offered by Cedar Valley.

Many opportunities out there for now......

just took one lil over a week ago . IMHO way too easy. I'm looking at taking another class later to actually maybe learn more. I think my son's hunter safety was harder to pass than that and that's not saying alot lol.

Just turned in the App to sheriff in Warren on the 8th , no idea how long it will take.

Per Iowa Code 724, background checks are to done upon turning in all paperwork, pay't taken, as well as permit issued. Same day permits are supposed to be given per 724, but not valid until 3 days later.

Same goes for permits to acquire!

Anyone take the duck creek armory class? I believe they have a free one every saturday. Just wondering how it was.

Anyone take the duck creek armory class? I believe they have a free one every saturday. Just wondering how it was.

I took this class.. good guys there at duck creek armory!! Class is good, starts with identifying the basic parts of a gun, goes on to safety, carry options, ect ect, ended with questions about different shoot or no shoot self defence scenarios.. worth every penny ;)

If you take an online class call the sheriff department because not all will qualify you for a legal ccw permit . They'll look at the site while you're on the phone and let you know.

Per Iowa Code 724, background checks are to done upon turning in all paperwork, pay't taken, as well as permit issued. Same day permits are supposed to be given per 724, but not valid until 3 days later.

Same goes for permits to acquire!

Too lazy too look for the wording but actually the immediate issue is only for acquire, the way I understand it. The carry they have 30 days.

I took one online. Cost about $20. It is only the basics of safety, but if you are a person that does not need safety handling experience it is probably the easiest way to get a course certificate. Sheriff was fine with it and got my CCW permit.

There is a free on line course that can be taken at http://mdgunsafety.com/ . A judge in Blackhawk county has ruled that this course does meet the legal requirements and all county sheriffs have been notified of that. Doesn't stop some of them (Warren Co. for one) from being a little slow/reluctant to accept it but if pressured they have no choice. The course is VERY superficial but it is legal. I also took the LegalHeat course to get a Utah permit and it was excellent albeit more time consuming and costly.

I'm no stranger to handguns. Took my CCW class at Fin & Feather Iowa City. The course was taught by Legalheat.

Same for me, I thought the class was worthwhile and I would recommend LegalHeat, but I wondered to myself if it wouldn't be better for there also to be a requirement to have some sort of hands on component too. I suspect there were several class attendees the day I attended that had never held a pistol before.

If you take an online class call the sheriff department because not all will qualify you for a legal ccw permit . They'll look at the site while you're on the phone and let you know.

Yes, call your sheriff and make sure that they will accept it.

I wondered to myself if it wouldn't be better for there also to be a requirement to have some sort of hands on component too.

I agree and think qualification should be required like it was when I received my first.

Top Bottom