Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cedar Tree Clearing Cost

Yep. That’s hourly cause there might be a gazillion or sporadic. How much time depends on size mainly. If a guy was ok with a sloppy job- I could run a 20’ batwing over them dropped down & take care of a lot. But the finish sure ain’t gonna be what a mulcher or cutter on skid steer will do. Or puller.

I always thought this was kind of odd since you could buy cedar seedlings from the state nursery as well.

The right 5 row tree line or screen with cedar is killer for wildlife . Nothing better in my opinion!

I like—
Cedar
Black Hills Spruce
Cedar/BHS/Pine mix
Oak
Plum or Chokecherry

I had a skidsteer with forestry mulcher clean up a hillside that had 2-5” trees growing about 2’ apart. The guy charged $140/hr and did about 1.5ac per 8 hour day. My trees were extremely dense but not real big. He ground them up and then stuck the mulcher down into the soil and back drug it tilling the mulch into the soil.

Yep. That’s hourly cause there might be a gazillion or sporadic. How much time depends on size mainly. If a guy was ok with a sloppy job- I could run a 20’ batwing over them dropped down & take care of a lot. But the finish sure ain’t gonna be what a mulcher or cutter on skid steer will do. Or puller.
Good points. If you pay a crew to fell them it will be worth the money. It will be messy at first but you can burn the area in 2 years after them brown and dry out

No one has an industrial chipper that they can feed the cedar trees into and shoot the chips into a Semi Trailer and sell the cedar chips? I see alot of that here in Wi not with cedar but other trees.

No one has an industrial chipper that they can feed the cedar trees into and shoot the chips into a Semi Trailer and sell the cedar chips? I see alot of that here in Wi not with cedar but other trees.
I have a good friend in the tree business. Large chipper and chip truck.... 200k easy. Not practical for us lowly deer guys. :)

Top Bottom