Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cell Cam Trail Cams

Trapshooter1

Alright I have US cellular,(Which seems like the ugly girl at school) when it comes to getting a decently priced cell cam to match my provider. I've seen the Spartan cams obviously but don't feel like spending 400-500 dollars a cam. I'm alright with 120-170 dollars a cam.

What do you guys have luck with???

Alright I have US cellular,(Which seems like the ugly girl at school) when it comes to getting a decently priced cell cam to match my provider. I've seen the Spartan cams obviously but don't feel like spending 400-500 dollars a cam. I'm alright with 120-170 dollars a cam.

What do you guys have luck with???
Spartans can be bought for about $285. Far superior to Tactacam.

I own 16 spypoints with the average price of a little over 80.00. I haven't had an issue with them yet and they have taken thousands of pics. If you own several it pays to be a club member with "250" free pics every 30 days. I bump up to 1000 pics for Oct and Nov on a few of the cameras and then back to the "free" 250 after that. They take very good pics. The ones that are sent to app are very good and the ones on the card are even better. As a club member I pay 8.00 for 1000 pics for 30 days if I go month to month. If a person wants to go annually, it is 5.40 monthly for 1000, if a club member.

If one wants to buy spypoint, there have been sales on the twin pack for 149.99 and 159.99 for them. One might want to wait for that if they can hold off.

These cams are in the Missouri river bluffs area and get good service. There are two though because of where placed, when the weather is rainy/drizzly/heavy clouds, they don't send pics for that day. I can live with that. I run my cams from Aug thru Jan generally and one or two through May. The one I ran through May last spring did great.

I use duracell AA and have several of them running with 12 volt systems. The AA run cams have take thousands of pics each since August and at 79% and above yet. I am certain they will make it to Thanksgiving. The 12 volts are 90 to100% yet.

Verizon is my service.

I also run cuddelink, which can be cellular as well. I have put spypoint and cuddelink on the same target area and the cuddes miss so many pics, its almost laughable. I did it with a browning non cell and it wasn't even in the same ballpark.

I was a cudde fan but after seeing what I'm missing, and a current customer service issue, I'm not singing the praises so much anymore. Where cuddelink can excel is in areas that one has no service but want to put cams but not keep going in after them to change out cards. There the cuddelink, non cell would be adequate. One might need a repeater or two to get it to a home unit but it will definitely get pics to one without having to go in and stink up the area.

Good luck with whatever you choose. The technology is always changing and improving so what you choose today will be obsolete tomorrow:)

"Alright I have US cellular,(Which seems like the ugly girl at school) when it comes to getting a decently priced cell cam to match my provider."

Are you saying that you think your phone service has to match your cell cam service?? Because if that is what you are saying it is not the case. I can go into detail once you confirm what I am asking.

Agree on above.
But if u are running us cellular - it’s good in all areas I know of. Pry a bit better than Verizon. The worst I’ve had for service is at&t.

"Alright I have US cellular,(Which seems like the ugly girl at school) when it comes to getting a decently priced cell cam to match my provider."

Are you saying that you think your phone service has to match your cell cam service?? Because if that is what you are saying it is not the case. I can go into detail once you confirm what I am asking.

I was wondering the same thing. I've had a few different brands of cell cam , none of them had anything to do with my phone plan. They operate 100% on there own plan.

I was wondering the same thing. I've had a few different brands of cell cam , none of them had anything to do with my phone plan. They operate 100% on there own plan.
Not necessarily. It's alot cheaper to use existing phone plan. I pay $5 a month per cam for my spartans as added lines on existing Verizon shared data plan .

Interesting, how do you set that up? Or is that just a spartan option?
That I don't know. I only run Spartans. Each camera is assigned its own number and comes out of my shared data plan. They use basically zero data and are $5 each per month. Unlimited pictures.

With Spartan cams don't you also have to pay a couple dollars per month to use the app or set it up to send you emails?

With Spartan cams don't you also have to pay a couple dollars per month to use the app or set it up to send you emails?
Yeah it's a couple dollars per "credit". Each cam uses a credit, and it's good for a month. That's if your wanting to use the app Version and not home computer. I have several Spartans and they have been great. I use the app, and have been running them since 2018.

I run mostly Cuddelink and a couple Spartans. I only run the Spartans during the season so I just run the Spartan plans vs paying the activation fee with Verizon each year. Cuddelink plan is thru Cuddeback and is the cheapest option for a bunch of cameras.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have both Spartan and spypoint. Spartans are better 100%. Initial up front cost is more, but worth it IMO. Like iowabowhunter said, they’re around $285. And now you can bundle the plans on up to 3 cams I believe, might be 5. So that makes it cheaper than running each cam on a separate plan.

I buy all my Spartans from wallhangerfoodplots.com.
He always has at least a $50 off promotion and fast/easy to deal with.

I know very little about cell cams. Still running mostly all Browning Spec or Dark Ops. I'm interested in possibly doing what was just mentioned, maybe a 3 cam Spartan package. I like running cams in plots or high traffic areas, usually over rubbing posts or scrapes. How is it kept affordable or logistical if done in this manner? Like reduce my 4-shot every 10 seconds settings and back it off to just a single pic at a time? Does that make sense? It doesn't seem like I'd want to be getting 200+ pics per camera per day, just too expensive and too much to deal with??

I live close to my farm and many of my productive cams can be placed on or near our main lane and checked somewhat frequently with little if any bad influence. Just exploring the cells for more sensitive areas.

Run lithium batteries in the spartans and you’ll be set all hunting season. The package I buy is around $30 every 3 months. There’s different packages but I’ve stayed with this one and I get a lot of pictures daily and have never run out of storage. You can adjust settings from the app on your phone or computer so no need to visit camera site. For food plots you can set 2 different schedules. On a plot I usually have it taking pictures triggered by motion most of the day/night then I’ll have it in plot mode for last 2-3 hours of daylight - takes a pic every 5 minutes or whatever you want. I usually only run it in plot mode during late season.

Top Bottom