Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

choke tubes

J

jason

Whats the differents between a super full, and a extra full choke tube? Which will give you a tighter pattern?
Thanks

Jason , super full is a smaller dia. tube than extra full,though not buy much.Try both tubes when you pattern your gun.Sometimes the tighter choke does not pattern as well as the extra full choke.All guns and chokes are different.

It is neat to get a set of inside calipers and check different choke tubes. I found a varience in my standard tubes with different brands of guns. I do not know if there is a standard tolerance for choke tubes when they are classified full, imp cyl, etc...
My best shooting turkey gun is not with the smallest diameter choke. Getting the turkey in close should still be be the key focus.

Be sure to pattern whatever choke/ammo combination through your own gun to be SURE you know what your pattern is doing. Don't make any assumptions, I have seen some real peculiar results through different combinations.

Top Bottom