Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Christmas in April!!!!

bowman

Super Moderator
To say that I am excited would be a huge understatement. A package arrived on the door step today that I have dreamed of for years. My new Grey Wolf Wolens Suit! For years I have read, dreamed and schemed about Grey Wolf products but it wasn't until late fall of 2011 that I cut my teeth and bought a handwarmer and bino cover. I loved them and the planning began. I was finally able to start my ordering process in March of 2012 for a new suit. It was a wierd feeling taking my measurements knowing that someone would be hand making me a hunting suit. Then came the decision making process on which garments that I wanted and what options that I wanted on them. I exchanged numerous emails with owner Jeff Aulik who proved to be a very patient man with all of my questions. He was always positive, upbeat, and made the whole experience fun. Jeff seems to know that this is a rare adventure for most people to get to order a hunting garment like this and he really was first class from start to finish.

After talking to several other IW members that have Grey Wolf clothing, picking their brains and finding what were the "must haves" I found myself even more excited but also no closer to a decision than when I started. I found that some liked the jacket, others the pullover, some the pants, others the bibs, some the lined, others unlined. I decided that since I'm a little cold blooded, I would error on the side of caution and go with the warmer the better mentality.

I decided on the Outfitters Line Jacket and Bibs with the Comformax / Liteloft lining. I went with the Pedator Fall Gray and chose the new XT Wolfskin fabric which is slightly different in color and feel than the regular wolfskin and just a little different than my hand wamer and bino cover which is the regular Wolfskin.

So, without further delay, my first (and hopfully the last i will need) Grey Wolf Suit! The first picture shows the regular Wolfskin on the handwarmer and the new jacket and bibs in the Wolfskin XT. You can see the colors are a little brighter on the Wolfskin XT.

1040-greywolf_1.jpg

Accessories for the Jacket include a rangefinder pocket on the right chest, three elastic sleeve adjusters on the bow arm and an Iowawhitetail.com logo............
1040-greywolf_2.jpg

........and for safety a cell phone pocket inside the left chest!;)

1040-greywolf_3.jpg

Options on the bibs include front cargo pockets, a bow pocket inside the left leg (for resting bow cam in the pocket while holding your bow) and double knees for durability. I actually recieved a phone call when they were working on my bibs asking what bow that I shoot to ensure that the bow pocket was big enough!:way:

1040-greywolf_4.jpg

.....and cargo pockets in the back with a double butt for durability and moisture protection.

1040-greywolf_7.jpg

One of the most impressive features of the bibs is the fact that the heavy duty leg zippers extend from the cuff of the leg all the way up to the top of the garments eliminating the need for removing insulated boots to get dressed!

1040-greywolf_6.jpg

So needless to say I am feeling like a king today. The experience was the hunting clothes version of going to a Lexus dealership and ordering their best model with all the bells and wistles. I can hardly wait for cold weather in a treestand this fall to try these things out! They are top notch in every way. From the material, to the seams, to the super heavy duty zippers (unlike any I have ever seen) they are constructed more durable than any hunting garment that I have ever seen.

If you have dreamed and schemed like I have, and are trying to decide whether or not to make the purchase, rest assured that the experience will be all that it should be when you make an investment like this. It was a wierd feeling realizing that, if I don't get fat, this could very well be the last outer hunting garements that I'll ever have to buy.

A special thanks to Jeff Aulik for making the experience all that much better. Grey Wolf Wolens are a sponser of Iowawhitetail.com and as is true with all of our sponsers, Grey Wolf is top of the line!

http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php

Time will tell how they perform in the woods but if the look and feel are any prediction of things to come, there is no doubt I will be completely satisfied!:way:

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what I would do without mine. Can't believe it took you this long Wayne.

Huge investment but in my opinion well worth it.

Your handwarmer is fall brown. You don't match. :)

Looks great! Been dreaming of a suit for years; I'm sure it'll perform just as good as it looks!

Looks great. Been tossing the idea of getting jacket and bibs, but dang the stuff is pricey. I know it will last forever, but might have to wait a while yet before I get some of it.

Be wary of your cell phone unprotected inside your garmet, I have the same setup, that clothing does a great job of wicking the moisture out and away, I've found my phone nice and wet on several occasions.

I have heard nothing but great things about Gray Wolf. I am going to have to start saving....although they are on the higher end of price, they are also on the highest end of quality and will last year for years to come....well, as long as you don't outgrow them Wayne! :)

Looks like it varies on what you want. Check out their website. To me it looks decently priced for a lifetime of use.

Perfect rational, because they will last as long as you can fit into them... :way:

Dunkin, you'd better be saving for two pair. Alex should come first you know... :D

Top Bottom