Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold morning

Rjack

Anyone else out freezing this morning? Slow for me. Some early gobbling, but they were a ways off and must have gone the other way.

Any youth success? Friday was nice, but the weekend was pretty rough.

Anyone else out freezing this morning? Slow for me. Some early gobbling, but they were a ways off and must have gone the other way.

Any youth success? Friday was nice, but the weekend was pretty rough.

Good luck. This weekend was pretty slow. Not a lot of gobbling after fly down. The few toms we saw were not really interested. Flocks have broken up for sure but I think the population is down in our area. Hopefully second season is better.

I took my son on Saturday. Birds were flocked up until about 9:00 AM but we called one in to 40 yards and he wouldn't come any closer. Went to a different spot and called 3 toms in but he hit the bird low and we couldn't recover it. Both hunts I couldn't have asked for more action though. Birds strutting and gobbling their heads off the whole time. We even had one old smart one strutting 10 yards from the blind but on the neighbor's property for about 30 minutes. We'll try again this weekend. Good luck to you.

Took Drew out for youth season last weekend. Had a close call Friday but the tom stayed behind the blind on the neighbor instead of joining his ladies in the middle of the decoys. The hunt went fast Saturday morning. They were talking early. This guy pitched out of the tree and came into the field we were set up on. Marched in a hurry up to our set up passing by the blind at 5 yds and then ran up to the jake decoy I had perched over a hen. Drew took him at 10 yds while he was locked into a stare down with the jake. 25.25 lbs, 1 3/8" spurs, 11 1/8" beard.

full-116-9487-drew_turkey_2020.jpg

full-116-9488-drew_turkey_2_2020.jpg

As he lay in the field, this one didn't even flop

full-116-9489-drew_turkey_3_2020.jpg

Good luck Ishi!
I should have had my first snow bird and first bow bird yesterday. But, I didn't execute on the shot. I made the mistake of pointing the chair where I planned to shoot. When I drew, with the odd angle and extra clothes, and a spooky bird, I don't think I looked through the peep. The bullhead missed left and took some feathers off his back. First pic is the setup and second shows the feathers he left behind.

Spending the next 2 days trying to get a fairly new hunter his first bird - but he will be using a shotgun.
ce30c78f3310c276873525b9baa8e9f4.jpg
8dbba847e92fe93f9f01a7c25c9f4ea5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good luck Ishi!
I should have had my first snow bird and first bow bird yesterday. But, I didn't execute on the shot. I made the mistake of pointing the chair where I planned to shoot. When I drew, with the odd angle and extra clothes, and a spooky bird, I don't think I looked through the peep. The bullhead missed left and took some feathers off his back. First pic is the setup and second shows the feathers he left behind.

Spending the next 2 days trying to get a fairly new hunter his first bird - but he will be using a shotgun.
ce30c78f3310c276873525b9baa8e9f4.jpg
8dbba847e92fe93f9f01a7c25c9f4ea5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Been there and done that:D those rubbernecks can mess a guy up! Keep at it killing one with a Bullhead is a blast/ Good luck

Cold and slow morning for me. Heard a few gobbles around 6am then quiet. Got a couple birds fired up around 2 that ended up coming in silent and a little out of range. Hope tmrw is a little better.

Top Bottom