Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cool, let's get this going.

River1

Who's attending the banquet this year? I'm looking forward to it. Attended my first one last Spring, what a nice relaxing weekend. Mark and the guys sure do a nice job with it!

i take it this is an IBA members banquet?

one of these days you guys just might get me to sign up
wink.gif

Welcome all to the IBA Forum! (Thanks for getting this started River.)

The Iowa Bowhunters Association is the only organization with a major legislative impact that looks out for the future of hunting in Iowa, especially for Deer and Bowhunters.

I can't stress enough how important it is to support and join this group!

Teeroy and the rest of you that have been meaning to write that check and join - do it soon. You will proud to say you are member of such a great organization!

I'll be at the banquet - hope to see everone there - especially many new members!

I will be joining IBA soon. When I do join a group like this I want to know there the money goes. Could you post a pie chart or some other graph indicating how the money is allocated.
Hunt on All4s

Just to get everyone fired up about becoming a IBA member, they have several promotions going right now. All new IBA members that sign up will go into a pool drawing at the Spring Banquet for a free Matthews bow, delta targets, and lots of other great prizes just for becoming a IBA member. To anwser your question, as to what your IBA membership is used for, we hired a lobbyist to sit in on the state legislature to keep us inform on what bills are being discussed and are in the process of being passed, so we can take action if necessary, we donated money to the H.U.S.H. program to help get it going this year, we donated money to get the archery progam in schools started, this is a program that is in the works and you will be hearing a lot more about this in the months to come, women in the outdoors program, judy kovar's program, everyone involved in the IBA is donating their time, we are in no way compensated financely by anyone. We enjoy what we do and will do anything we can to make sure that archery, and bowhunting will continue in this state for our great grandkids to enjoy.
Thank you,

Supertec,

What kind of program are you running in the schools? I teach 6th grade in an elementary and I currently do a 1 day lesson on archery. I have the local DNR come in and they bring some recurves. We talk about safety, history, and hunting. Its a lot of fun, but the kids always want more.

Is the IBA looking for piolt schools? I'll assume you're looking at middle to high school age. Probably the Mathews Genesis program. If it takes me joining in to participate, I'm there.

Its great to hear that someone else is trying to get things started in the schools.

mole

Mole - We are just in the beginning stages of helping to plan this program. We are looking at middle school ages to work with off the bat, we are looking at the matthews genisus line on bows to start out with, there are a few other organizations that are helping out with the finances, there is still some money needed to get this going thought. It is in the process of creating some kind of governing board to oversee this program. Laverne Woock from Delta Targets is the key man in this process, he is doing an excellant job in this process, as he does with everything else he does. Thanks Laverne. Also Olympic medalist Rod White is another key person in this program. There will be lots more info in the near future on this program, I think it is a awesome idea. We never had archery in school where we went, I think with the right people involved this will be a huge success. PM me and let me know your name and number, I would like to get some more info from you.
Thanks
26404-archer[1].gif

I'm working on a chart to show how monies are allocated.The one thing I can assure you is there is no paid board members, stictly volenteer.Just the way we like it LONG HOURS & NO PAY!!
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom