Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cool site!!

B

brian

Just stumbled onto this site, good start.
This will be may first year bow hunting here in Iowa and I was wondering if anybody could point me towards some good public land in SW Iowa. I found the Losses Hills state forest, but fear it might be crowded, anybody hunt there? I bowhunted 2 seasons in N. Ca, but the public land out there was everywhere.
Thanks,
brian

You are right there iowa1!! I had to put myself in the mindset that I was hunting big dogs. Trying to get my old hunting buddy to move out this way, told him better hunting, much better jobs and very few liberals trying to run your life.
brian

Brian

The Loess Hills State Forest land is hunted but because of its rugged terrain and inaccessability to the interior portions other than walking the pressure is less than at other more accessable state hunting lands which do receive a lot of pressure during both the pheasant and deer hunting (mainly shotgun) seasons. Other than the LHSF area southwest Iowa is not blessed with a lot of good, quality public land as are other parts of Iowa. If you get off the roads around the forest you can find some very good hunting. The only draw back is that you will have to drag that buck out--again no vehicle access. The area is also good for turkeys.

Doug Clayton

Top Bottom