Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coralville Lake

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
I fished this lake for the first time ever last evening... only was able to fish it for a couple hours from a boat. Only managed to catch a couple white bass. The water was pretty significantly stained, which I hear is typical for this lake due to the high boating traffic. But I have also heard that there can be some pretty good quality fishing on this lake.

Anyone willing to share some insight on this lake, .... tactics that work, etc. Send me a PM if you don't want to post here on a public forum.

Walleye fishing is real sporadic but if you hit it right, it can be amazing. I would start with bottom bouncers and crawler/spinner rigs on the points and go from there.

WHite bass are so fun there it is ridiculous. I remember times getting into a school of whites and everyone in the boat had one on at the same time, lots of doubles and triples. If you find a school of them pushing bait to the surface, get a white or silver bait in there and watch out. Check out the coves for action. A lot of good catfishing takes place in the upper end, near the 380 bridge. Crappies can be good if you can find the brushpiles.

I used to fish that lake all the time. If you knew where there was structure you could catch fish. Good luck finding it though! I don't think they had fish habitat in mind when they built that lake.

I lived on that lake for a short while when I was younger. Boated recreationally on it plenty, never did fish it though.... Good luck.

Top Bottom