• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Cowpeas

Marty Edwards

I am required to plant several acres of my CP38E CRP into Early Successional Habitat. Cowpeas are one of the options. I've got about 24 acres, broken up into several different fields. I've identified roughly 15 acres I think would be well suited for cowpeas. I know from the reading i've done they are high in protein and highly preferred in their green state. Has anyone planted them? I understand the first hard frost will kill them & they will dry down. I can't find much, really any, information about how deer utilize them after they die & dry down. Will the deer eat the peas (beans) pods after they've dried down? are the peas/beans a preferred food source?

Thanks for any replies!

Oct-Lull

I love to use them but not in this volume. Not to say I wouldn't if I could. I use them as a plow down summer food source and they will get browsed pretty heavy. They are meant to be more of a forage planting. I dont see them being of high value as far as the seed pods go but that many acres would be interesting to see the result.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. You could try but I’d probably plan on them getting pounded or being gone later on (convert to something else).
they are crazy drought tolerant and deer will hammer them.

Top Bottom