Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coyote and bobcat foothold traps

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
Selling my lot of Duke #3 OS and a couple other misc coyote/bobcat traps. Caught lots of fur with these over the past four years. Bought new, treated extremely well over the years. Always dyed and waxed. They're night latched and ready to roll into the next pot of dye, then wax, and then the trap line this fall. There's 36 traps plus 1 that's good for parts.

Some have inline shock springs. All have modified chain with inline MB crunch proof swivels. Asking $300 plus shipping (shipping thru speedee will be very reasonable). Shoot me a text or give me a call at 712-540-6985 if you're interested. Thanks!

6ee360cafae1ae6feb4efa2f06c2dd54.jpg

e910aed814e00bca6edcc6e4f60d7b33.jpg

b2588a81effb1cba0cf7f587b5dc0ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not hardly! Looking to sell them and upgrade. They were great starter traps, springs are a little weak after four seasons which is nice for beginners because it doesn't hurt nearly as much as new traps if you get pinched. They're easier to set. They don't bust through frozen ground/ice like a newer/higher $ trap might. Still caught plenty of critters with them through the end of last season! Dad and I are committed to doing this long term and figured it's time to upgrade to the Cadillac of traps. Going to cuss a little more when we runover a $25 trap vs $10. haha

Coyotes and bobcats are still worth something, a guy should average $20-25 on a skinned coyote I'd think. Wouldn't take long to pay off these traps. Catch a dozen next fall and you're hobby is now raking in the big dollars for ya!

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind - you can go buy new Duke #3 OS traps just like this for about $11-12 (im asking a bit over $8) a trap... but you'll have to replace the chains, j hooks, and swivels and some of these come with inline shock springs and double stake anchors. They're already night latched. If they don't sell. I'm going to stick them in a dye pot, then wax, tune the pan tension, and run them. They're ready to roll. I spend HOURS the first couple years of trapping getting traps the way I like them. These ones won't need that.

Last edited:
Fully modified Bridger #3 dogless, plus some additional chain modifications and double stake anchors. Doubt I put inline shock springs. Should be nice traps, excited to try them! Probably be a couple bucks under $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom