Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coyotes

kelcher

Went out last night for a couple hours to try and call in a dog or two. It was dead out right up to the time when I was closing the door on the truck after packing up.

They started yipping and howling like they were rubbing it in. Dang things.

They started yipping early last night. I lip squeaked in a pair and missed with my muzzy at last shooting light.

I hope there’s 50 million coyote posts this winter!!! If so- maybe we cut the population in half! ;). Critical to knock these dudes out as much as u can. Love seeing this!!! Worst I’ve seen em in my lifetime!!

Been hittin em hard. Think we re up to 20+ Lotta Night calling with Thermals. Seen 12 dogs 1 night out calling. I think this coyote season will be better than last year.

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_162354.jpg
    IMG_20220117_162354.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220109-155636_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-155636_Snapchat.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220117-151046_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-151046_Snapchat.jpg
    895.4 KB · Views: 37
Been a serious coyote hunters for years but...
Gas is high, pelt prices low, I just cant seem to muster up the mo_jo this year..

It wild.... I get pics of coyotes and bobcats daily and nightly...I am NOT a coyote hunter by any means or trapper at all...I would gladly let someone on my farm to kill them....I honestly feel like if I do not get some of the knocked out this winter they will put a serious hurting on the fawns this spring...

It wild.... I get pics of coyotes and bobcats daily and nightly...I am NOT a coyote hunter by any means or trapper at all...I would gladly let someone on my farm to kill them....I honestly feel like if I do not get some of the knocked out this winter they will put a serious hurting on the fawns this spring...
I don't know if it is coyotes, bobcats or whatever...but I somewhat often find the remains of very young fawns in the summer while mowing and food plotting, etc.

We called and killed one at the one sit we sat tonight. Just a quick call at home. I love tagging out early and trapping them through November but man when they are only worth $5 now hard to drive and check them daily. I didn’t set this fall unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would concur with BucksNBears. Seems that coyote vocals are the best. Get 200 out on a quite night and let er Rip. Family member got a brand new Fox Pro. Has a wide range of calls, Have very little luck with Distress calls. Their pretty weary of that.

Top Bottom