Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crp changes

deerdown

What are folks hearing on the new crp rates and guidelines?
I had some offered but haven't heard back from them yet, just curious what to expect.

My USDA office responded on June 8 that there were issues with the software and they could not give me new rates yet. Rates and incentives are certainly up but no idea to what extent.

i talked with my fsa contact early June and she said they expected to receive the software June 15 and would call everyone who has submitted an offer. I hadn't heard from her yet and was getting curious what the bumps were.. Sounds like I'll have to wait

All the applications made back early in 2021 and that were not approved....have been kicked out of fsa system and thrown out.
You must go back and sign up by mid July!!!

Rates can be +/- 50% of what they were earlier. But there are several new incentives to bump up rentals payments.

Continuous crp is back to really good. 50% cost share plus up to 50% Practice incentive payment. Plus you get climimate incentives up to 10% of your soil rental rate. Water quality practices get another 20% increase on soil rental rates.

If you have soils with a EI of 20 or greater for soils...ask about HELI. Its under continuous crp and can enroll entire area with 50% cost share and 50% practice incentives.

Call you local offices for updates.

Our rate for the general enrollment went from $85/acre when we applied for reenrollment in Feb to $102/acre under the new program which is slightly higher than our last contract. We are in Northern MO. We looked into the HELI program but there are no food plots allowed.

I assume someone can offer ground not previously offered, since the goal is to increase signups.
I'll give my fsa folks a few days and give her a call

The new Macon County (North MO) farm i just bought got bumped up from $93 > $137 an acre.
Range for the county heard was anywhere between $110-150.
Randolph County heard numbers ranging $145-190.
Serious increase in rates from previous years. My Randolph County Farm is up for re-enrollment next year (currently at $100/acre) hoping these new rates hold!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Macon County (North MO) farm i just bought got bumped up from $93 > $137 an acre.
Range for the county heard was anywhere between $110-150.
Randolph County heard numbers ranging $145-190.
Serious increase in rates from previous years. My Randolph County Farm is up for re-enrollment next year (currently at $100/acre) hoping these new rates hold!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have some expiring in 2022,23, and 25. Some I'll put back into row crop, but some I plan to re-enroll regardless.

I'll be right there hoping as well....

Crp grassland does not pay anything like General crp in most cases. But it also does not have as many restrictions. Its much simpler.

Continuous CRP is very flexible right now and will allow about anything to be accepted. I am enrolling 17 acres and I put it in various spots around the farm.

Why do people mess with general sign up when continousl just seems better/easier?
I would put everything into continuous but there is a lot more qualifications to meet to put it into those initially. The choices I have for my farms are limited and I suspect they are for most. If one has creek bottoms or water sources those are a continuous and only so much of a farm can be in pollinator, another continuous option, so hands start getting tied to general rather quickly.

An issue I have with my enrollenent this year is that the measurement of one of the fields was off by an acre so if I sign it I will lose that acre of income as the land will be infeasible to farm. I'm in discussion with the fsa currently on it but I don't see anything positive on my end coming from it.

An issue I have with my enrollenent this year is that the measurement of one of the fields was off by an acre so if I sign it I will lose that acre of income as the land will be infeasible to farm. I'm in discussion with the fsa currently on it but I don't see anything positive on my end coming from it.
Pretty common. I have a field that USDA drew waterways into many many years ago. They have been planted thru for at least 10 years. They are not eligible for CRP because the map that has been certified for the past decade showed them as waterways even though they aren't. So, it goes to show you the importance of checking your certifications very carefully.

I also run into weird things.... example on one farm..... I have more farm acres on my USDA map than I have taxable acres. How? Dunno.

I would put everything into continuous but there is a lot more qualifications to meet to put it into those initially. The choices I have for my farms are limited and I suspect they are for most. If one has creek bottoms or water sources those are a continuous and only so much of a farm can be in pollinator, another continuous option, so hands start getting tied to general rather quickly.
My experience this year was very easy to enroll entire fields into continuous. CP-38 SAFE, for example.

Top Bottom