Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CRP General Sign-up

deerdown

Anyone hearing anything on the General sign-up? I have 15a I started the process to renew and it seems the new Administration is wanting some changes to encourage the low volume of sign-ups? Anyone hearing anything out of their FSA office on this? I had my bid put together but everything seems to be on hold.
Anyone have any more info?

Anyone hearing anything on the General sign-up? I have 15a I started the process to renew and it seems the new Administration is wanting some changes to encourage the low volume of sign-ups? Anyone hearing anything out of their FSA office on this? I had my bid put together but everything seems to be on hold.
Anyone have any more info?
No one knows anything from my inquiries. Just indefinitely extended..... whatever that means.

Grasslands program is of interest to me as well and that signup was completely delayed.

USDA Delays Signup for Conservation Reserve Program Grasslands

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is postponing the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Grasslands signup originally planned to start mid-March. USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) will announce new signup dates in the coming weeks, as the Administration is currently evaluating the program and ways to increase enrollment.

CRP Grasslands helps producers and landowners protect grassland while enabling grazing activities to continue. Lands enrolled support grazing operations and promote plant and animal biodiversity. Lands are also protected from being developed. Timing of some activities, such as haying or mowing, may be restricted by the primary nesting season of birds.

More information on CRP can be found at fsa.usda.gov/crp.​

That sounds interesting. I signed a purchase contract for a new farm this week and will be looking for something like that. Thanks for posting it up.

Deerdown, I think you have to own the land for a year before enrolling in crp but check for sure.

I think you're right, forgot all about that 1 year ownership requirement.. Maybe I can find a csp program. I never enrolled in that, unless it too has the 1 year ownership requirement. I gave the owner 1 year to find a 1031x property to buy, so it might end up being 2 years to get into crp,

I think you're right, forgot all about that 1 year ownership requirement.. Maybe I can find a csp program. I never enrolled in that, unless it too has the 1 year ownership requirement. I gave the owner 1 year to find a 1031x property to buy, so it might end up being 2 years to get into crp,
U can ask current owner to look into enrollment & they could sign contract to enroll.
yep- csp, equip & reap offer tons of options for improving land (not crp related). Good luck & post some updates on what u do.

Thanks Skip, great idea! He seems pretty easy to work with.
I'll post some pics up and info as I get into this. I'll have some acres to work with, it's 94a with 12a tillable and the rest woods and pasture, 2 small ponds and some creek frontage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-074725_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-074725_Maps.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 172
Thanks Skip, great idea! He seems pretty easy to work with.
I'll post some pics up and info as I get into this. I'll have some acres to work with, it's 94a with 12a tillable and the rest woods and pasture, 2 small ponds and some creek frontage.
Nice looking farm! I THINK the grasslands program is a good option for ground that has been in hay or pasture (Doesn't have corn/bean crop history) that you want cover (native grasses). I am still waiting on more details. It wont pay as much as CRP, but if you are going to do it anyway you might as well get paid SOMETHING.

If your have not filled a schedule f on income tax every year for last 10 years you will be considered a new or beginning farmer. Crp allows for those to bypass the one year ownership in most cases.

If your have not filled a schedule f on income tax every year for last 10 years you will be considered a new or beginning farmer. Crp allows for those to bypass the one year ownership in most cases.
Eve never been able to get around that 1 year thing and I've tried. Id been considered beginning farmer. Be curious if anyone has details on how

The new and improved crp will be great for wildlife.
SAFE will move back to continuous sign up. If your not located in a SAFE area....look at the HELI option. Its pretty good as well. Dont forget that both of those are continuous and maybe eligible for an extra 50% practice incentive payment. Basically making the restoration cost free. Take advantage while you can. If you have an existing offer....consider these new options.

Top Bottom