Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CTrain (horseshoe) scored the third year in a row

Limb Chicken

Well I keep telling him that turkey hunting isn't that easy and he keeps shaking his head and saying, "I know Dad". Then he proceeds to shoot said turkey within the next 30 minutes. Every. Stinkin. Year.

Loaded the mobil turkey hunting unit the night before so we could just get ready and take off. Well, as usual I couldn't sleep. I feel like the days when I was so excited for a hunt all I could do is think about it all night. That is the way I feel now my son has taking a liking to hunting. The alarm went off and he tried the, "can we go later" deal and I told him no... :D. I said that worked last year but we're going and you'll be happy you got up... He gets up and ready and we're out the door for the short 4 wheeler ride out to our parking spot. Got everything set up in the same spot as the previous two years and waited, and waited. Heard gobbles but nothing close. Once again, I looked at him and told him, "see I told you it's not that easy". He smiled and said. "I know Dad". This time I knew I was right and thought to myself I hope he is ready cause the weather is nice and we're staying put at least till Noon. I looked at my phone after a series of calls to see what time it was and it was 7:36. Looked up and like magic here comes a lone gobbler. Strutting from about 200 yards away. All alone. I looked at my son and he smiled and shrugged while I rolled my eyes and we got ready. This bird strutted all the way in and the videos will tell the rest of the story.

His sister was suppose to go this particular morning for her first hunt but she chose a sleep over. He didn't have any trouble calling her and telling her the news... :D

http://youtu.be/dkrZQxNE6aI

http://youtu.be/QMDxT7ZUrKo

It so happens that I was able to meet the "CTrain" himself last night, as I went to Limb's house to pick up a car that I bought from him. I can tell you from listening to CTrain tell me a little of the story last night that he is very, very happy to share his success stories.

It was really neat to see another young hunter so excited about getting out in the outdoors and having some success. Congrats to both hunter and guide!

Top Bottom