Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cutting on a diaphram call.

J

jason

I know it's going to be hard to explain, but I'm not very good a cutting on my diaphram calls. I have a single, double, and triple reed callsI just can't do it. I can't make it clear, and I usually start to spit and slobber all over. I've watched tapes, and listed to audio tapes, but still I have problems, any advice would be helpful!
Thanks!!!!

GET AWAY FROM THE CLEAR CALLS. TRY HS CUTTER 2.5, QUAKER BOY WORLD CHAMP OR A MAD SHIPP WRECK. ANOTHER GREAT CUTTER IS MAD METCALF CUTTER. M350 OUT

I like the Primos diamond cut 2.5. They also have one I use alot for cutting and raspy calls...it's a stacked double reed with the diamond cut. I call it my "cheeseburger call" because it sure feels like a mouthful when you put it in. Makes great raspy cuts and yelps though. Practice makes perfect...keep at it. If the diaphram you're using seems uncomfortable then try trimming it or try another brand. One of the reasons I like the Primos calls is because they are a perfect fit for my mouth right out of the package. HS and others were not. Good luck!

NWBuck

you also might want to try the quaker boy scream'in green series of calls. i tried them last year a fell in love with them. i find them easy to use and they have a great sound to them.

As NWBuck said practice, practice, pactice. I think that cutting was the most difficult call I tried to figure out. Most of the time the call would fly out of my mouth as I called, turkeys love that sound! =) Just stick with it and you'll get it figured out. I think that the single reed call is the easiest to master it just takes time.

Hey Muddy

A little off turkey hunting, but are u a true carp fisher man? I'm starting to see that carp are fun and challenging too!
I'm guessing you fish the corvill res. I live in Lone Tree, so I make quite a few of trips up there. I find it go be good whiper fishing! Haven't tried for carp though, I mostly just fish for bass and cats! Already tried for walleye this year but no luck!
Well, good luck hunting and fishing!

Top Bottom