Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CVA Optima v2 vs CVA Accura v2

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
Looking at buying a muzzleloader and have been trying to do some research before buying. I first had thought about buying a Traditions but have heard cva is more accurate and a better gun. I had a chance of buying a used cva optima but it was an older model with out the qiuck release breach plug. He also wanted more for that than what I have found for a new optima v2. I have found these 2 guns for sale at www.muzzle-loaders.com and they have the best prices i have seen. I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of this site or even bought from them. They have great pricing but it worries me to buy online. Was also wondering which one you guys would buy, which one is the most accurate and which one is a better buy... The optima is 268 and the accura is 400. I am gonna put the Nikon Inline XR scope on it which is 190 on thier site. Wondering if the accura is worth the extra money or would i be just as happy with the optima. Thanks for the help! Also new to muzzleloading so wondering what is the most accurate load for these guns.... I have heard 100 grains of 777 pelets and the 250 grain powerbelt aerolight bullet has been the most accurate. Thanks again!!

Haven't had any dealing with the Optima, but love everything about the Accura V2. I would check in the muzzeloading forum. There have been a bunch of topics on muzzleloaders.

I would personally go with the V2. You will never regret and will be the last one that you buy if you treat it well. I have also heard of the stock breaking on the optima where the sling attaches to the front post when hanging a tree when cold. I also do not beleive the optima has the adjustable trigger however maybe I am wrong on that.

As far as bullet powder, i would buy the blackhorn breech plug and shoot 120 grains with a 250 or 290 barnes TMZ. Amazing performance out to 200 yards.

Last edited:
I bought the optima black stainless with thumbhole with a 99.00 Konus scope from Dunhams for 299.00. I bought it for my boys to shoot youth season. I love the gun, may not shoot the KP1 late season. Easy to clean and good groups. I am shooting one pellet, so can help you with loads. Three touch at 50 yards. What I have read is the barrels is better on the accura. But if money is tight, you will love the optima.

I have an optima black stainless thumb hole with Nikon omega scope I'm selling for 400 in northwest iowa shoots great I just bought a accura v2 have not shot it yet so not sure how good it is

I have an optima black stainless thumb hole with Nikon omega scope I'm selling for 400 in northwest iowa shoots great I just bought a accura v2 have not shot it yet so not sure how good it is
You know how good it is or you wouldn't have bought it! :D

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom