Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer movement update thread

I don't know...I'm looking at temps in the 60s and 70s in Nov that slowed down a lot of movement. Just wondering if a smaller percentage than normal of does were bred during peak rut. A doe will recycle in 28 days....thinking if shotgun pressure is low this week we could see another spike in activity here in the next several days. Also with abundant food sources this summer and fall, a lot of fawns could be reaching the 70-80 lb thresh hold for breading. I have not tagged out yet, haven't been able to hunt for a 8 days (work sucks!) I think I will stay put, down wind from a doe fawn bedding area. Then again, when I try to be smart I just get outsmarted. o_O

First snow in Iowa this morning should be a really good thing for a whole lot of shotgunners! Good luck all.

I'm sitting over my small 1/5 acre turnip patch right now and snow is falling. Will the deer come and eat while it's snowing or is it better to sit at night?

Top Bottom