Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer movement update thread

Yesterday the 4th, had the best day of deer movement of my life in south central Iowa. I think a doe or two may have come into heat, 2 to 3 mature deer and handful of 2 and 3 yr olds chasing them like mad. Movement began at 520 pm and never stopped

Feels like lock down in Linn county. Through last weekend I had a lot of Buck activity, a few shooters on camera during daylight (more than once), the last 3 days have been spikes and forks moping around and 1/10th the deer sightings. Same this morning, hence I'm posting on Iowa Whitetail during prime time.

Sat NEIA public last night. Watched a mature 10 pt breed a doe several times on the next ridge over. Only 2 deer I saw..

Very dead in our timber this morning...especially for November 5th. One medium buck out for a walk by himself at about 8.00a.

All of the other deer must have went to Cubs parade in Chicago yesterday and are still sleeping it off this am!!

Very dead in our timber this morning...especially for November 5th. One medium buck out for a walk by himself at about 8.00a.

All of the other deer must have went to Cubs parade in Chicago yesterday and are still sleeping it off this am!!

Welp...I no sooner hit the "post reply" button and my son texted me that a buck just bumped a doe right past him and they both bedded close by and then another buck showed up too. Not ones that we would shoot...but maybe she is close enough to the magic time thato something bigger shows too...

Good movement in my timber in NE Iowa. 3 does 4 bucks. 1 shooter that was hot after one of the does. The others were cruising but only 3.5 and younger.

North central IA. I've only seen a doe with 2 fawns this morning. Have to keep checking the calendar to make sure it's November 5, not October 5.

Agreed D-TRAIN. I've seen only 5 does this morning, 2 early on, and 3 about 9:40. There wasn't a buck to be seen on either occasion. The Temps and deer activity make it feel like the youth season. ugh.

Got in the stand around 10:30, no movement at all yet besides bumping a doe getting into the stand. I realize I got out here late but was hoping to see something? East central. Too warm?

Peak chase phase right now in NW Iowa. I tagged out yesterday morning (story and pics at some point), so I spent this morning driving around while the kids were in the stand, and yeah, deer everywhere and saw several shooters chasing out in the open. Prime time right now in our area, even though too warm.

NWBuck

Feels like lock down in Linn county. Through last weekend I had a lot of Buck activity, a few shooters on camera during daylight (more than once), the last 3 days have been spikes and forks moping around and 1/10th the deer sightings. Same this morning, hence I'm posting on Iowa Whitetail during prime time.
Sit tight in Linn County...I'm a few miles over in Jones...crazy morning. seen 3 breeding class bucks this morning.. wouldn't even call it chasing more just bumping around. One big 10 even layed down for 10 minutes until he was greeted by a couple spikes. Saw 30ish deer this mourning equal bucks and does. The brute only offered me a brisket at 20 so I passed on the shot.

Skunked this morning for the first time. Here i am out here again this afternoon . 74 degrees. Yeesh

alter said:
Skunked this morning for the first time. Here i am out here again this afternoon . 74 degrees. Yeesh

It's only 10 degrees warmer here on a Mexican beach. No deer sightings. Just lizards and other funny looking little critters. I have seen a lot of chasing but I think the rut goes on down here year round...

Hung a stand today on a watering hole where landowner been seeing a nice one last couple days . Had one buck cruise by - 2 year old 110 5 minutes ago . High hopes for this stand after seeing the damage to the corn and trails .

image-2080406771.jpg

Does and a 2yrd old and 2 3yrd olds, one chasing and one I rattled in. I picked up the bow when I first saw him coming in so at least I know my ticker still works

Top Bottom